No announcement yet.

New blind coming along quite nicely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious. I've always like being elevated when hunting, especially if I have to deal with a feeder pen.

Comment

Lookin good.......when you going to have it totally finished and ready to haul?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Just curious. I've always like being elevated when hunting, especially if I have to deal with a feeder pen.
        Understood Mike ... I had plenty of time to think about it last year and after talking with the guys on this place decided to go with the ground blinds again. I do have some areas to drop a tripod or place a gametamer type stand in these same pens if I so desire but after discussing it with the folks on the place I'm going with ground blinds first

Feedpen 1 is big enough that SM is sitting inside of it under oaks tucked in some cedars....I have probably 10-15 other trees in the feed pen and a 30+ yard shot to the farthest side of the deepen..

Feedpen 2 is almost 15 panels around (really a teardrop) and is right at 25-27 from blind to other side. TT (Tnik Tower) will be set right against it in a small oak mott w/ cedars and pen paneling will be cut just in front of blind below windows.. I have several trees in this pen as well...

The cool thing about it is I can see well in both blinds with one having some strategic "small senderos" and one sitting on a well traveled ridge. It will be worlds different than hunting in the cedar thickets at the old place.

Comment

Originally posted by thearrower View Post
          Lookin good.......when you going to have it totally finished and ready to haul?

I'm shooting for this weekend Randall ....Fri or Sat......paint goes on by Monday or Tuesday pending weather and how much I accomplish tonight.

Comment

I had hoped to finish my first one this weekend but felt like crap so I bought the extra supplies I'll need to finish the second one and took it easy. Hopefully I'll have some time this week to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              I had hoped to finish my first one this weekend but felt like crap so I bought the extra supplies I'll need to finish the second one and took it easy. Hopefully I'll have some time this week to get it done.

I hear ya Lip.....I had a step brother get married in Austin this weekend and I was in the wedding.. It was good to get away from working on it but I lost some valuable time....

Comment

Let us know when you are going to haul it and I'll volunteer Brandon to help you while I watch........ha ha

Comment

Seriously, let us know and we will give you a hand. This one is going to set just outside the pen isn't it?

Comment

Let's talk about roof slope ... does it have any?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I hear ya Lip.....I had a step brother get married in Austin this weekend and I was in the wedding.. It was good to get away from working on it but I lost some valuable time....
                      time??? You have tons of time between polishing that spoon

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      go to bed jr.

Comment

Originally posted by thearrower View Post
                        Seriously, let us know and we will give you a hand. This one is going to set just outside the pen isn't it?
                        Sorry Randall I was out caulking the parts that I could and finishing up my bow mount, and side winders. Kudos to those that caulk for a living. I've caulked other blinds, window sills/replacements, speakers boxes you name it and its still a messy beating. .....

I'll give you a buzz in the middle of the week Randall......appreciate the offer.

And yes it'll be outside the feed pen. I'll have it in six ready to assemble sides. Should be a piece of cake hauling and putting up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          2" front to back....you can see it in this pic with the front being to the left. Roof will be tinned or r-paneled.

Comment

how do you get the ranger out when you want to play on it?

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                              how do you get the ranger out when you want to play on it?

This has been a two-three week project...so its not been out. If it was necessary during this period, I can push the trailer back into the third car area that is my shop (you can see the beer fridge back there and it goes back a ways), and then scoot the blind where the trailer is now. It would be like a dang Rubiks cube, but it'll work.
                              Last edited by Smart; 06-22-2008, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to see the pics of it when it is finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X