New blind coming along quite nicely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
    Jason - nice work. If you don't mind, what brand/model of sprayer do you have and would you recommend it to others? I have been in the market and having trouble deciding.

Thanks
    I have a Wagner that I bought new off Ebay. Saved about 50%....I'll have to go look in the shop for the model #....

Comment

Thanks Jason - didn't think of the Ebay route. Drop me a line if you figure the mod #. Does it use a hopper for paint or siphon tube?

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
        Thanks Jason - didn't think of the Ebay route. Drop me a line if you figure the mod #. Does it use a hopper for paint or siphon tube?

It has both Darin....and I forgot I left it over at my buddies as we are building a second blind for him.....I'll try to remember it tomorrow.

on edit here it is on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wagner-Power-Painter-Wide-Shot-Home-2200-PSI-NEW_W0QQitemZ330310592787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPaint_ Paint_Supplies?hash=item330310592787&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
        Last edited by Smart; 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          It has both Darin....and I forgot I left it over at my buddies as we are building a second blind for him.....I'll try to remember it tomorrow.

on edit here it is on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wagner-Power-Painter-Wide-Shot-Home-2200-PSI-NEW_W0QQitemZ330310592787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPaint_ Paint_Supplies?hash=item330310592787&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
          Cool Thanks! - A lot cheaper than the ones I was looking at.

Comment

Nice. I didn't realize any bow hunters hunted from box blinds until I joined this site. That sure beats sitting in freezing rain. Good job.

Comment

very nice, awesome work

Comment

Smart, what connectors are you using it to put it back together for simplicity. Are u using corner brackets/L brackets, or just screwing it together. Can u post a pic of how you are connecting it together once you get there. I have to build another and am going off your design since it has to go up on a mountain. Also how did you do the windows on your blind that u open sideways (the earlier one u built). I can never get the best design right for the windows The little strip above your windows on the new one, is their a board on the outside so the screw dont go thru? I like that closure design.
                Last edited by Drenalin_Ag99; 03-11-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drenalin_Ag99 View Post
                  Smart, what connectors are you using it to put it back together for simplicity. Are u using corner brackets/L brackets, or just screwing it together. Can u post a pic of how you are connecting it together once you get there.
                  Dren...As you can see, each wall is an individual side. I simply have three 2.5" screws spread out evenly on each side, bottom and top where the frame meets . It is so simple even I can't screw it up...lol. Just make sure you can access them with the plywood on and the door opened. We are building another on Sunday so I can get pics then..

here is a pic with a few circles shown where the screws go. When taking it apart i just leave the screws in place once they clear the board I attach them to. Attach it one side at a time with teh roof going on last and you are good to go. And of course the screws that attach the roof go from the bottom up so you can access them..

I have to build another and am going off your design since it has to go up on a mountain. Also how did you do the windows on your blind that u open sideways (the earlier one u built). I can never get the best design right for the windows The little strip above your windows on the new one, is their a board on the outside so the screw dont go thru? I like that closure design.
                  I used a 1 x 12 as the door and a strip of that 1x12 as the place to mount the hinges and locks to. Very simple as well. Here is the original build when the windows were more open... If you have any more questions, ask away.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So are the screws going thru the 1X12 coming out of the blind on the outside or did you put a strip on the outside of the blind so the screw are not sticking out? Guess you could use bolts so the nuts are on the inside and the heads would be flush on the outside of the blind? Trying to get my ducks in a row before I build. Gotta move the last one I built first, the half ocatgon here in diy forum, the weird cuts are just too sifficult, I also like the peep window Idea. I will probably make on window on each front corner just in case but it will stay closed majority of the time. Still deciding how I want my video window. Can u shoot thru your video window if need be, I like that, gotta dig up your post on how you made the mount. We hunt in the same terrain as you guys and ground blinds are the ticket. You predrilled the screw holes so the 2x2 wont split I assume?
                    Last edited by Drenalin_Ag99; 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

So are the screws going thru the 1X12 coming out of the blind on the outside or did you put a strip on the outside of the blind so the screw are not sticking out? Guess you could use bolts so the nuts are on the inside and the heads would be flush on the outside of the blind? Trying to get my ducks in a row before I build. Gotta move the last one I built first, the half ocatgon here in diy forum, the weird cuts are just too sifficult, I also like the peep window Idea. I will probably make on window on each front corner just in case but it will stay closed majority of the time. Still deciding how I want my video window. Can u shoot thru your video window if need be, I like that, gotta dig up your post on how you made the mount. We hunt in the same terrain as you guys and ground blinds are the ticket.
                      Yes...they are mounted that way....I used 1.5" screws for skinning the plywood and then the mounting of the window "mount blocks". What very little there was sticking out on the outside I popped off with dikes or used my dremel. Takes less than a minute and the mount is remarkably solid. Using bolts would be a pain in the arse in my opinion...you certainly couldn't get your windows to lay flat against the wall when openend.

I shoot over my camera yes.....just make sure your window opening is low enough that you can shoot over it without whacking your camera....makes for cool video with the arrow coming out over the top of your camera.

Video Mount..... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...t=Camera+mount

Comment

You predrilled the screw holes so the 2x2 wont split I assume?
                        Yes....I used a countersink with pre-drill to drill in the 2x2s. It was not always needed but 2x2s can be fickle and I didn't want to crack something already three stages in.

I would also suggest getting you 2x2s at Home Depot and make sure they are in bundles and stay that way until you use them. I love Lowes but HD's 2x2s are so much easier to work with. They are so much straighter

Comment

So I guess you could attach a board on the ouside so the screw go into it just to save the dremeling but either way would work. As far as the wood, lets say I get most of it free. I go to where they make trailers and get the scraps (heavy cause treated but oh well). Also check homesites and ask for scraps, then rip the 2X4 down. May just buy some this time, plan on making a couple, is it difficult to move in sections? thanks, keep us posted on the new ones if you have any better ideas. so the blind you just pictured, how many wall studs do you have, i assume this one is not 6x6? Guess once you put wall studs in you could figure out window size, I like how you blocked the upper and lower, may need to do that with my last one.
                          Last edited by Drenalin_Ag99; 03-11-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

So I guess you could attach a board on the ouside so the screw go into it just to save the dremeling but either way would work.
                            Sure but I like the ability to run a board across the top and bottom of the windows in case i feel like the deer want the windows closed down or they are letting in too much light depending on how they face...

Here is the front of that first blind now with boards across the front to close the windows down. I realized they were too tall and letting in too much light and is the reason I went with the style you now see in this post and the new blinds. You won't need as near as tall a window as you think you will. If you get it perfect, you won't need the boards but I like the adjustability

As far as the wood, lets say I get most of it free. I go to where they make trailers and get the scraps (heavy cause treated but oh well). Also check homesites and ask for scraps, then rip the 2X4 down. May just buy some this time, plan on making a couple, is it difficult to move in sections? thanks, keep us posted on the new ones if you have any better ideas.
                            Free is always good.

Comment

good point about the board may make windows bigger and do that in case i feel the need to expand them later.

Comment

Nice blind!

Comment

Working...
                                X