No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all that underbrush gone the floor will look great when it turns green. Your place is coming along nicely.

Comment

Glad to see ol buddies dozer parts came. Amazing what fresh dirt will do

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

looking great

Comment

Finally got a cellular cam to work at the KCA. Nice to see the comings and goings of the workers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tactacam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	24678401

Comment

Thats awesome! Keep posting progress!

Comment

Progress is sweet! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Busy few weeks...

My wife's brother and SIL bought a nice tract of land on our private road. It's raw land so we've been helping them with a to-do list.

Drove my tractor down there to help them with a driveway. Then got some trail cams running and they already have deer, hogs, Fox, coyote on camera.

Our bees will be ready for pickup on the 15th so mamma had the dozer guy clear a nice area along the creek for maximum sunlight. Then we built her a 8x8 pad with 2 layers of sand and landscape cloth to help minimize the mites and other critters that like to attack hives. Then a treated frame with slag/rock. Then cinder blocks for the first hive. Hopefully we'll be splitting the hive when that one fills up

Had 26 tons of slag delivered so spread that around town hall and one of the cabins. Forgot to take a pic. Still plenty left to put around each end of the new creek bridge to deter drainage.

Clearing the front half is almost finished. Maybe a few acres left and some burn piles to finish. Short video:

Mamma is transplanting a mandarin orange and plum tree and putting in some miscellaneous plants for the bees.

I moved a feeder into our newly cleared area a few weeks ago. I checked the trail cam card Saturday and there was nothing on it except a big JD dozer riding around. I drove out last night 8n the dark to put the SD card back in....and ran into a pack of hogs under the feeder. I turned off the head lights on the 4wheelee and got out of there quietly as they walked off into the brush.

Drove back to camp, had a few beers, grabbed an old 22 with some hollow points, and walked back on foot.

It was like a movie scene. Brush pile burning in the far background with hogs silhouetted by the flames in between me and the fire. I put the old Comanche sneak on them (limps with little Debbie is my tribal name)

I shot the big sow first and she dropped and started spinning. I resigned on a youngster and dropped him too. Sow got up and ran into the creek. I followed her and her splashing and grunting. Never could find her. Went back and got youngster. Good times!

Left this morning and headed to Bryan to meet with our first choice for homebuilder. Had a good talk and a very clear picture of what we need to do to get going with the bank. Next meeting will be for the first draft of house and shop plans.

Realtor coming to current house next week to get the ball rolling on selling this one.

Comment

Excellent progress Bobby. Congrats brother

Comment

Good news with the new neighbors!!

Where yall getting the slag?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the count down to retirement. We retired to a rural area and two of my best investments in our new home build was spray foam and a whole house generator.

Comment

Busy few weeks indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make-n it happen!

Comment

Might have did a thing that's gonna make life a lot easier around the KCA! More pics on Tuesday.

Name:	kaw.jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	24681800

+

Name:	mule.jpg
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	24681801

Comment

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Might have did a thing that's gonna make life a lot easier around the KCA! More pics on Tuesday.

[ATTACH]1086105[/ATTACH]

+

[ATTACH]1086106[/ATTACH]

You are such a tease...let's see it. Heck, even a stock photo before Tuesday [emoji2359]

Comment

Working...
                                X