Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bird looks perfect!

Comment

Our new freedom ranger meat chickens got kicked out of their nursery (brooder) today. Time for the big move...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csS7SZw_kjg"]Freedom Ranger chickens are out of the brooder and into the hoop coop! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Great video and a big thumbs up on the setup in the hoop coop! Hail…I’ve paid to sleep in less [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          Great video and a big thumbs up on the setup in the hoop coop! Hail…I’ve paid to sleep in less [emoji28]

Me too! That would have been fine living establishments when I was in the military

Comment

Nice delivery today! Hopefully the nice weather holds up so the welders can get busy soon.

Comment

Enjoying watching the progess

Comment

Little change today. Doing some work on a property down the road in exchange for hunting rights. Pushing up burn piles and going to try to mow later. Beautiful tract of land with Creek running through it. Had a lot of deer on camera this past season but didn't get anything.

Last edited by Chew; 04-16-2023, 11:27 AM.

Comment

That is a lot of green under those trees. I need to do some thinning so mine can get there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TRH View Post
                    That is a lot of green under those trees. I need to do some thinning so mine can get there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Same here. This place has a full-time artesian well that runs water out into a little gully that leads to a creek. Beautiful place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Same here. This place has a full-time artesian well that runs water out into a little gully that leads to a creek. Beautiful place.
                      Full time natural water source, that’s a good thing To have close by.

Comment

Oh my! Haven’t seen that much green in years

Comment

Life is good (for now) for the meat chickens. Really liking these birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Life is good (for now) for the meat chickens. Really liking these birds.

http://youtu.be/w3bFOWpr1zw

I remember when I stayed with some friends on a dairy near Blanket, Texas (where my Dad had a charge as pastor of a church there) while my younger sis was be-n born. And I had another lesson on life one day. Think I was around 3.5 to 4 yoa. And the feller that ran the dairy, John Spike, and his wife, Jone Spike, decided to have fried chicken the day my parents came to pick me up. John took me out back of the house. They had close to 200 chickens, and sold eggs as well, when the milk truck came to pick up a load each day. John grabbed up a clucker and his handy hand ax, sat on a log, and said "Watch this." And whacked off that chicken's head. Then threw the body a few feet. It flipped and flapped to no end, till it ended. Blood went spirt-n everywhere. I remember a few drops hitting my face. John grabbed another and did it again. And then again. I was already aware of what happens to birds, turtles, and fish (and how good they taste). Two of those chickens were fried up that day. And I can still remember sitting down at the table with both families to have that southern pan fried chicken. I learned a lot in that short two weeks while there. And visited them many more times during my younger years, as I did before, till we moved to Ft. Worth.

With that be-n said, how long till you sit on a log with those lil beauties to make a story for someone? How long till they get big enough to fry up? I'm sure I would have already eaten a few already.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-22-2023, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I remember when I stayed with some friends on a dairy near Blanket, Texas (where my Dad had a charge as pastor of a church there) while my younger sis was be-n born. And I had another lesson on life one day. Think I was around 3.5 to 4 yoa. And the feller that ran the dairy, John Spike, and his wife, Jone Spike, decided to have fried chicken the day my parents came to pick me up. John took me out back of the house. They had close to 200 chickens, and sold eggs as well, when the milk truck came to pick up a load each day. John grabbed up a clucker and his handy hand ax, sat on a log, and said "Watch this." And whacked off that chicken's head. Then threw the body a few feet. It flipped and flapped to no end, till it ended. Blood went spirt-n everywhere. I remember a few drops hitting my face. John grabbed another and did it again. And then again. I was already aware of what happens to birds, turtles, and fish (and how good they taste). Two of those chickens were fried up that day. And I can still remember sitting down at the table with both families to have that southern pan fried chicken. I learned a lot in that short two weeks while there. And visited them many more times during my younger years, as I did before, till we moved to Ft. Worth.

With that be-n said, how long till you sit on a log with those lil beauties to make a story for someone? How long till they get big enough to fry up? I'm sure I would have already eaten a few already.
                              Good memories for sure! These are 4 weeks old and we will probably butcher at 11:00 or 12 weeks old. Looking forward to our first homegrown chicken dinner

Comment

Chickens got a new instant run today ...

Comment

Working...
                                X