No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O man I can’t believe one day my grandkids will be the age of my kids now! Great times. Glad I had kids early so hopefully I’ll be able to do stuff like this with my grandkids.

Why do you need hvac for the well house?

Comment

Just curious why do you have your front tires backwards on your tractor

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        Just curious why do you have your front tires backwards on your tractor
        You talking about the tread rotation? I had them mounted at two different places and I didn't have many options. I need to take them back. Wife took one to Crockett and forgot the other one at home and then took the second one to centerville. I haven't even looked at them. Good catch.

If I swap the left and right front tires will they be correct?

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          You talking about the tread rotation? I had them mounted at two different places and I didn't have many options. I need to take them back. Wife took one to Crockett and forgot the other one at home and then took the second one to centerville. I haven't even looked at them. Good catch.

If I swap the left and right front tires will they be correct?

You should be able to swap sides . Really don’t matter . Was just wondering if you had a reason for it . I see some people run them like that .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            You should be able to swap sides . Really don’t matter . Was just wondering if you had a reason for it . I see some people run them like that .
            Me and a neighbor spent 2 hours trying to get one of the tires back on the rim and getting the bead to set. I was just glad to have tires today. [emoji16]. I've got to run a bad luck between tires and some type of root or stick popping up and knocking off my whole fuel filter assembly. And then trying to bleed the lines to get it started.

Comment

Had some visitors today while I was piddling around. Too bad I didn't check my phone or I would have done the Comanche sneak on em.

Comment

Fired old builder for a new barndo.

New builder has been a great experience thus far. Very personable, knowledgeable, and acts like he wants our business instead of trying to **** us off.

He came to the house within 30 minutes of our first call and spent a lot of time talking my wife through everything. He's been building in this area for 20 years on the sandy loam soil and on slopes. He said 15k-18k for dirt work. We already had a second meeting and then he spent half a saturday driving us around Leon County showing us some of his in-progress and completed builds. Two different people came up to me and said they were 100% happy with him as their builder. Everything happens for a reason.

We just filled out a multi-page questionnaire so he can get a cost sheet to the bank. Hopefully things will move fast. He also offered us a 3% discount on his normal cost since my BIL and SIL are building on the same road and at the same time.

Comment

Sounds like y'all are on the right track Bobby. Glad you were able to go with your gut and split the sheets with that original builder before getting too deep into things. We had the exact same experience and it worked out great for us. Like you said....all happens for a reason.
                  I'm sure y'all are excited for what is to come. Try to stay sane and enjoy the process. You only get one shot at this.
                  On a side note...I sure am envious of those hardwoods.

Comment

Good to hear things made a turn for the better for y’all. The builder driving y’all around speaks volumes.

Comment

Sure thankful yall got another builder . That first one, well, I'ma not gonna say nothing. X-sept glad yall found another one.

Comment

Our new custom outdoor fireplace. Locally sourced building materials.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Getting close. Settled on the plans. Shop had to wait for now. Mamma is happy so I'm happy. Hoping to break ground in jan or early feb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	house1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	24697635

Electrical blueprint

Click image for larger version

Name:	house2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	24697636

Comment