• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Something soothing about a day's work on a tractor. Hot or not

Place looks good bobby

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    That’s a good looking spot you have cleaned up. Even if you weren’t seeing deer it would be a good place just to sit and hang out in the blind. Good luck.
    Thanks fellers. Lotta truth there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got moving on the new barndo / home today. Had a long meeting with the builder in Bryan today. Looking like a 1800 square foot home with a large breezeway connected to a 30x50 shop. Very excited. Couple more weeks we will finalize the plans and then sign some paperwork.

Unfortunately their build time is about a year due to high demand. But that actually kind of works out financially.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Got moving on the new barndo / home today. Had a long meeting with the builder in Bryan today. Looking like a 1800 square foot home with a large breezeway connected to a 30x50 shop. Very excited. Couple more weeks we will finalize the plans and then sign some paperwork.

Unfortunately their build time is about a year due to high demand. But that actually kind of works out financially.

Good for y'all brother. It will happen faster than you can imagine. 👍👍

Comment

Productive morning on the old homestead. 26 jumbo quail butchered and ready to go in brine for 24 hours.

Then off to freezer camp. The wife and I got the butchering system down pretty good now.

Comment

Now that’s what a fat quail looks like! Good job and very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              Now that’s what a fat quail looks like! Good job and very impressive.
              Thanks. Yes they seemed exceptionally healthy for this batch. Wife has been pouring the feed to them.

Comment

Looking good!
                Curious as to the draw on the barndo type builds. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), it was to save money on the build and also get a tax break...Is this still the case with rising costs on everything and county tax people looking harder or is it just preference over a normal metal shop and stick built house? Not questioning your choice by any means, just wondering as I may be in a similar situation in next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                  Looking good!
                  Curious as to the draw on the barndo type builds. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), it was to save money on the build and also get a tax break...Is this still the case with rising costs on everything and county tax people looking harder or is it just preference over a normal metal shop and stick built house? Not questioning your choice by any means, just wondering as I may be in a similar situation in next few years.
                  I'm no expert but I would say there's definitely no money savings by going metal/barn do. If there is it's probably not much.

We're looking at it 1800 ft home that is 30x60. Next to that is a 25x30 breezeway and next to that will be a 30x50 shot. All will be connected on one slab. The roof height on the house will be 10 ft and the shop will be 14 ft. I will also have a 15 ft lean to slash overhang on the far side of the shop.

Comment

From the incubator to the table...hard to beat grilled quail. Brined overnight in the fridge. A little holy cow voodoo. Smoked for an hour and a half on low and then grilled for 10 minutes at 425. I hate saying OMG....but OMG

Comment

Looking forward to the build.

Edit: and those cooked quail look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Looking forward to the build.

Edit: and those cooked quail look awesome!
                        Mike, if you're up for a visit this fall or winter please let me know. I'd love to have you down for a little hunting cooking and chatting. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Comment

Man that quail looks amazing! Well done sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Mike, if you're up for a visit this fall or winter please let me know. I'd love to have you down for a little hunting cooking and chatting. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Will do Boss! I didn't realize Centerville was closer than I thought. I was looking at a property down there on-line a couple of weeks ago. Then decided to look at a map. For some reason, I was thinking Centerville was more due west of H town.

Between one grandboy being in HS marching band (I can only go on Friday nights due to work), and the other playing in Sat morning football, I'll have to see what I can squeeze in somewhere, if both our schedules are open the same time.

Comment

Lt, you certainly have the quail raising thoughts in my mind. If I could hire a hit man for our chickens I'd go full quail I think. With strong wife persuasion or just plain begging

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X