Tell me which dremel tool I want!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me which dremel tool I want!

Wife/mom/sister/MIL are on me about a Christmas list.

I've got grinders and saws and routers, but sometimes I find myself wanting something smaller for tight spots and what not. I just want the rotary tool, not the saws.

Which one do you have and which attachments can I not live without?

i think they sell a whole kit,comes with most all attachments
    after that you can figure out your self witch ones ya really need/want

Comment

The one I use the most is the chainsaw sharpener. It is a battery operated, 2 speed, rig and works like a charm. Much quicker than filing by hand.

Comment

Comment

Whichever one you get, don't get the rechargeable one. Its much better to go with the plug-in model because the rechargeable ones don't last long on a charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
            Whichever one you get, don't get the rechargeable one. Its much better to go with the plug-in model because the rechargeable ones don't last long on a charge.
            Agree!

Comment

Don't get the one with the flexible shaft. You always need a place to hang the motor part. Be sure to get the variable speed model. There is a lot that you don't need the full speed. Tell them to get an extra pack of the unbreakable cutting discs. I use more of them than any thing else. The cutting discs make great grinders to get into very tight places.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                Not trying to say your wrong, just offering another viewpoint here. I spent the money on a rechargeable one with the lithium ion battery, and I LOVE it.

I typically grab it for small projects, and not having to worry about a plug or outlet is a great convenience. Because its not being used extensively, the battery doesn't go dead when im using it.

So it really depends. If I need the power or extended use, I grab a corded sander, etc. If its a quick zip zip and your done, drill a few holes etc....I like the rechargeable dremel.

They offer great sales on the accessory kits around Christmas too.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  Don't get the one with the flexible shaft. You always need a place to hang the motor part. Be sure to get the variable speed model. There is a lot that you don't need the full speed. Tell them to get an extra pack of the unbreakable cutting discs. I use more of them than any thing else. The cutting discs make great grinders to get into very tight places.
                  The flex shafts come off, I use mine both ways. For some jobs the flex shaft works better than trying to hold the Dremel and guide the burr. I have the Dremel 4000 plus a couple of "off brands" generic rotary tools, all of the accessories mix and match. I also have 3 of the flex shafts, one with a woodcarving chisel set up, one with a cutting disc and one with a round burr, they interchange and fit the Dremel, the B&D and the generic brand.

I would go with a the Dremel 4000 and the flex shaft unit as an extra.

Comment

Working...
                  X