Pig pipe has been found!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig pipe has been found!!

I built this after seeing it on here and used the build sheet from a website that gave all the materials needed. http://www.wildhoghunters.com/conten...-pig-pipe.html
    It took them awhile to find it and learn how to use it but now that they have I think I have a winner. Its set at 23 yards from my bow blind. They emptied it in less than two nights and it holds about 35 lbs of corn. The holes are only 3/8" on this not the 5/8" recommended.
    Attached Files

i see u getting pork chops very soon!

Comment

I hope so!! I was sitting in a tripod about 400 yards away and it was LOUD listening to them!

Comment

We have 3 of them at our place. Looks the same. We tie a cowbell to the end also. You can hear it from a mile away and sneak up on them.

Comment

Nice job, but hey - that's a lot of corn! Thinking I'll stick with my tripod pitching a 50# bag every three weeks. The pigs have continued to come in regularly now going on three years.

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer View Post
            We have 3 of them at our place. Looks the same. We tie a cowbell to the end also. You can hear it from a mile away and sneak up on them.
            This is what I want to do as well. I was hoping to let them get used to the pipe first and the put the bell on.

Originally posted by AJ the TP Guru View Post
            Nice job, but hey - that's a lot of corn! Thinking I'll stick with my tripod pitching a 50# bag every three weeks. The pigs have continued to come in regularly now going on three years.
            I understand! Only do this when I'm there for a few days at a time. I have a hanging feeder 20 yards away for when the pipe is empty.

Comment

Congrats! now go shoot them all!

Comment

Great idea

Comment

First time seeing one of these very cool idea.

Comment

Ive used one and like the idea, but how is this better than a timed feeder? Cheaper?

Comment

Wow that's a great idea! You must be having ham for Thanksgiving!

Comment

bang bang!!

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer View Post
                          Thats a great idea! You can't have enough cow bell

Comment

They might b hard to hit from being all wobble legged after going round in a circle so many times. KAP!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              Ive used one and like the idea, but how is this better than a timed feeder? Cheaper?
                              I think its supposed to help keep them there longer since they have to work a little harder. They cant keep it cleaned up as fast as a timed feeder. My dad filmed a boar pushing his around but I haven't seen any on mine yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X