Discada Burner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discada Burner...

Ordered a Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker with stand from amazon...

Did a lot of research, read a lot of threads on here and decided in this bad boy.

Only problem is I didn't love the stand that came with this. I looked at ordering just the burner and regulator and build a stand like D-Mosers

But cost wise it actually made more sense to order the one I did.

Thought to myself, that doesn't look like it's going to work real well...

I'm seriously an idiot sometimes but that seems like a lot of wasted BTUs with 7.5" from burner to wok/disc. Now I realize there is a chance I'm gonna burn through a pot but heck I'm willing to take that chance.

Started reading reviews and a guy on amazon had some advice.

Decided I'd modify it to use a wok and a pot.

Had local machine shop roll me a 1/8th x 1" flat bar into a 16" diameter ring. Picked up a couple ft of 3/8" round rod while I was there.

Took the plunge and cut this nice $100 rig all up. Cut the outside vertical bar down 1/2" from top. Cut the inner vertical support by 2.5". Now I'm an insurance and financial planning type guy so my welding skills come from the mean streets of Sweetwater High School some 15 years ago...so don't judge me.

So I welded this ring around the outside support rod.

Cut some 5" pieces from the round round, squared them up and welded them to the outside rod and on top of the shortened inside vertical rod.

So far so good. Need to clean up some slag tomorrow and paint with some high temp paint when it warms up. All in all happy sofar.
    Last edited by rferg84; 11-23-2013, 10:51 PM.

very nice

Comment

Looks good. Get to cookin!

Comment

Sweet rig! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385296963.255172.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	24265996
        Makes me want to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
          Looks good. Get to cookin!
          Originally posted by flywise View Post
          very nice
          Thank ya!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Rarely find a tool or device that couldn't use a modification. Much more stable now than when you started. And you can always lower the heat if that becomes a problem (you've got about 165,000 BTUs to play with).

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Rarely find a tool or device that couldn't use a modification. Much more stable now than when you started. And you can always lower the heat if that becomes a problem (you've got about 165,000 BTUs to play with).
                  Yeah I've been really impressed with the banjo, there is a nice range of adjustment. It does roar on full blast.

Comment

I approve

Comment

Outstanding!

I have thought about a D Mo knock off as well but what I have works just fine. Your path to a full banjo burner is a good one. Well done.

This is just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                        Outstanding!

I have thought about a D Mo knock off as well but what I have works just fine. Your path to a full banjo burner is a good one. Well done.

This is just awesome.
                        Thank you very much.

I just wanted a setup I could use a pot or a wok. The disc still clears the pot supports by about 1/8".

Comment

I've been debating making a taller stand for it but I really like the idea of how portable this one is.

I might make one I can bolt this to, or use this by itself.

Comment

Well Done, Sir!

Comment

Getting a compliment from the one and only D-Mo means a lot!

Cleaned it up a little tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X