Arrow cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow cutting

So I don't have a rig set up for cutting arrows. Any advice on cutting them myself with a chop saw or Dremmel? I'm thinking about measuring them and putting them in my vise and using the dremmel against the side of the vise to get a nice 90deg cut OR using a piece of angle iron and putting the shaft in the V to avoid pressure from the vise. Cutting carbon arrows.

Anyone have a DIY solution to arrow cutting?

I put my Dremel in a vise and get it level. I built a little platform to put on the workbench under it so I can roll the shaft into the blade. To make sure it is perfectly square I then use an "ASD" (arrow squaring device) made by G5 outdoors. It's a handy little tool and always gets the cut square.

Comment

I bought a arrow saw it was cheaper than a dozen arrows.

Comment

I used a dremel and vise this year to cut my own, was pretty tricky getting it squared but took my time and they turned out great. Gonna have to try one of those ASD's.

Comment

There are a couple of pics here that show a jig I made for cutting arrows with my dremel. Works like a champ. All from scrap wood I had laying around.

Comment

People have said I am a fool for 10 years now but I cut mine with a tiny copper pipe cutter.
            Never had the slightest problem

Comment

Comment

I use my tile saw.

Comment

I've thought about using a fiber blade of some kind in my compound miter saw but I'm not sure what kind to use. I've got some old trashed shafts to experiment on.

Comment

Does the cutter work on carbon arrows? I would think it would crush the carbon fibers instead of cutting. Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                      Does the cutter work on carbon arrows? I would think it would crush the carbon fibers instead of cutting. Just asking.
                      Yep, just have to be gentle and not try to tighten it to much each revolution

Comment

Look at this posting. Used a $30 from Harbour freight.

Comment

Thanks for the input...gave me some ideas. i like the harbor freight saw idea with a jig to square the arrow shaft.

Comment

I cut mine with an angle grinder and cut off wheel. I then square it on a disc sander with a board clamped at 90. Just use fine paper and low speed.

You could make an arrow squaring device, like g5 sells, very easily. Just glue fine sandpaper to a face rather than using a carbide cutter like they have.

Comment

I picked up the harbor freight cutoff saw today. Now to put the jig together.

Comment

Working...
                              X