Rebuilding a Lincon 200 Black face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be watching this. Just scored a SA200 red face from work.... for free

Any updates? May have missed it, but where are you getting parts from?
    Last edited by jeepntx; 12-28-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepntx View Post
      I'll be watching this. Just scored a SA200 red face from work.... for free

Any updates? May have missed it, but where are you getting parts from?

Lucky dog!! Feel free to use my thread for your machine, or start a new one. Did a little wire wheeling and painting on the trailer today. Kinda been crazy over the holidays. I'm lucky enough to have a welding machine repair shop just a few miles away. You can get parts off of eBay, just be very careful about the fit, most of that stuff is from china.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Not much, I just got over the worst strep throat I've ever had. So my FIL brought his tractor over with his homemade log splitter on it, the bottom plate broke and he wanted me to weld it. I got about half way through my third 7018 and the machine started backfiring and spitting real bad, so bad I couldn't weld with it. Messed with the carb, cleaned it, blew the line, didn't do any good. Took it down to a buddies shop and he's supposed to tear into it tomorrow. He thinks it jumped time, and I know nothing about the mag. I'll post any updates.

Comment

Sooooo, it was the mag. My buddy had it almost the entire time and couldn't figure it out. I got it back last week the took it to the shop. Needed new points and coil. Runs like a top! Brought it up to the house yesterday and now it will only weld on high idle, will not idle up on it's own. So I'm guessing the governor is messed up?

Comment

Ok not much work on the machine, it needs a new board and the governor needed adjustment. I did however get my hands on some oxy acetylene bottles, for free! o2 was empty so I swapped out, acetylene was still over half full. I also got some victor regulators for free from a guy about 5 years ago. The fuel reg leaked bad, so I had them both rebuilt. These things looked ROUGH when I brought them in. In fact, I thought he was giving me someone else regulators!!! They did a great job! Then I found a torch on Craigslist, with 4 tips and 10lbs of 1/8 7018 for around $70. He went through the torch for me too, replacing all the O rings and whatnot. Everything is running like a champ so far!

Comment

really cool to see these old welders be put back to work!

Comment

Gonna do a little work to the trailer today. We are going to build a sliding, welding table that will slide out and pin back into place. Also, a bottle rack for the acetylene and finish out the Hoosier poll. I'll post some pics as we go.

Comment

done yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        done yet?

Lol, no. Looks like today was a bust, no time. Will try and get on it tomorrow.

Comment

Finally got started.

Comment

Comment

Comment

cutting the base for the vise.

Comment

Working...
                                X