How Do You Reckon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Reckon....

....they are doing this??? Specifically what tool?
    Attached Files

sawsall! hahaha,

maybe a drimel type tool

Comment

Yea they use rotary tools like a dremel.

Comment

Thanks! Pretty cool work.

Comment

Dremel for sure. I've seen video's of it on youtube.

Comment

That's different. Can't decide if I like it or not. Lol.

Comment

my cousin started doing this last year and he uses a drimmel

Comment

cool

Comment

I think they are neat. I may try this. My husband recently figured out how to really do euros well. I'm guessing they sketch it out & then start dremeling. Seems like a neat hobby for the winter.

Comment

Very different. .

Comment

neat. would prefer a different design, but the talent level on op's pic is amazing

Comment

My granny use to do eggs, and used a dremel on them. She was truly amazing at it and won many prizes for it.

Comment

Dremmel and low RPMs, surprisingly not that hard. You have to find the sweet spot in speed. Slow enough so that when/if it jumps it wont cut the wrong thing but fast enough to cut and not break the bit

Comment

I had a toigh time figuring out if I liked it also until I figured out it was that design I didnt like... texas flag or such would make it suit me better but Im starting tp like the idea...alot

Comment

I doubt that was done with a Dremel, more like a high speed micro rotary tool. The smaller hand pieces are easier to use and won't wear you out like a Dremel. I have a Ram Micromotor it will set you back about $250, my other carving choice would be a WeCheer mini motor, about $50 at Texas Woodcarvers Supply. The WeCheer is okay, but it isn't a Ram Micromotor, lacks the torque.

The design is called a scroll design used a lot in engravings, especially on firearms and knives. If you want to try the scroll designs, I highly recommend a book by a guy named Meeks, the book is called something like the Art of Engraving. About $50 on Amazon. He leads you through how to make the patterns and how to draw them. Plan on a lot of mistakes and lot more hours in practice drawing of the designs. I have used hours that have turned into months and over a year and I am still am not happy with what I can do. A great hobby, and can be as cheap or expensive as you want to make it. I am not doing my version like the above, my goal is to apply it to my woodcarving.

By the way, make sure you use a great respirator, bone dust can kill you, emphysema and other lung diseases are a hell of a way to die.

Comment

Working...
                              X