lightweight portable tripods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightweight portable tripods

Anyone have any pics of a homemade lightweight tripod? looking for a shorter 6-8' tripod to carry in on public land. After this last weekend hunting at the LRGV I figured a tripod would really help with the taller grass. would also probably use it at Amistad. So the main thing is it being light enough to carry a good ways and also strong enough to hold 200 lbs...

Subscribed

Comment

Home made out of aluminum structural pipe. About 7' to the seat. This thing is old!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384301739.088679.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	24264058Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384301756.122149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	24264059

Comment

Originally posted by Saltwater Buck View Post
        Home made out of aluminum structural pipe. About 7' to the seat. This thing is old!![ATTACH]570946[/ATTACH][ATTACH]570947[/ATTACH]
        I'll sell it if your interested.

Comment

I've carried mine a few hundred yards but I wouldn't want to pack it very far. The head is 1 1/2" EMT and the legs are 1 1/4" EMT. The head is 1/2" round stock. The swivel on the seat is an all thread coupler on all thread rod.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice job guys, do both of these collapse? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Saltwater Buck View Post
              Home made out of aluminum structural pipe. About 7' to the seat. This thing is old!![ATTACH]570946[/ATTACH][ATTACH]570947[/ATTACH]
              Thanks...This is about what I was thinking but maybe made out of conduit instead of aluminum. Just because I can get the conduit pretty much anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                I've carried mine a few hundred yards but I wouldn't want to pack it very far. The head is 1 1/2" EMT and the legs are 1 1/4" EMT. The head is 1/2" round stock. The swivel on the seat is an all thread coupler on all thread rod.
                Thanks...This is the only one that I could find when doing a search on here. looks solid but probably too heavy for what I'm wanting.....I would think my *** would start hurting in no time on the expanded metal chair.

Comment

Thanks and keep them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by cnelson23 View Post
                    Nice job guys, do both of these collapse? Thx
                    Mine does, yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X