Custom DIY GC Enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom DIY GC Enclosure

Has anyone built a game camera enclosure to keep people from stealing them? Had 2 of mine stolen last week. Thanks in advance.

Somebody around here did a DIY using a locking electrical box but I can't find it. There was a cutout in the front for the lens and sensor and there were holes drilled in the back so you could attach it to a tree with lag screws

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. May have to try that.

Comment

there are some locking metal boxes at harbour freight that i think are used for keys. different sizes. i just cut out what i needed to for the cam in the lid, drill some holes in the back to attach it to the tree.

Comment

Made one out of an old 5.56 ammo can. Just used a metal blade on the jigsaw to cut out the hole for the ir and camera. Used a u-bolt to put on a lock. Then drilled holes and ran a cable to lock around the tree. Used some old foam as padding for the camera inside the box. Cost me about $15 all together. I'll see if i can take some pictures of it this weekend.

Comment

Great, would love to see some pics

Comment

This is a setup my buddy uses in west texas
              Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383864012.422686.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	24261814

Stage one prototype for front gate surveillance. I'll post pics of the completed unit the next time I get to the ranch. It will be mounted on a 20ft section of drill stem. Set in concrete.
                Last edited by scotty; 11-07-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Cheap electrical cut-off box from Lowe's.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Legion, I have one that I built out of a breaker box that Im not using anymore. If you ever make it over to the Tyler/Athens area, let me know and I will give it to you. I made it for a Primos Truthcam 35, but it should work with most cameras, with a little modification possibly. PM me your number and I can text you some pics, if you want.

Comment

Here is the ammo box I use. Just used a jigsaw to cut out the windows. Installed a u-bolt to lock it. Drilled some small holes in the bottom for drainage and cut up old styrofoam as padding inside. Drilled holes in the back an ran a cable to lock it around the tree. Took about 20-30 minutes to make.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great ideas. Now I just have to find me some breaker boxes.

Comment

The breaker box idea looks really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X