How much would you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would you pay?

How much would you pay for a custom made two person quad pod?
    The base will 5'x7' and be made out of 3x1 11 ga steel tubing with 2x2 horse panel for the floor, the stand will also have an adjustable front side(adjustable for bow hunting and rifle hunting)It will have 3 other sides and a back to conceal the hunters also consisting of camo fabric. two of the legs will make the uprights for the ladder, it will also have nice seats either tractor seats with a back rest or higher end boat seats, the seats will be able to rotate 360 degrees. the stand will be 15 feet of the ground to the base of the stand(17ish feet to eye level) made out off 2x2 sq tubing 11 ga. It will also be line X to provide traction and a rust preventive. Roughly it will cost me 600$ ish to do this and it will be made stout and of quality.
    The stand will be similar to this yet better, with adjustable sides, better chairs, horse panel which is stronger and easy to walk across, and made better.
    Would it be too much to pay 800-1000$? Or am I not doing this correctly?
    Attached Files

That's nice, if it was portable and light I would buy one. I guess you could condense with one ladder?

Comment

Originally posted by cnelson23 View Post
      That's nice, if it was portable and light I would buy one. I guess you could condense with one ladder?
      This is a picture of the internet, my stand will only have one ladder. Thank you though!

Comment

Two ladders would be over kill in my opinion. It will be hard to pull off that height without it being very shaky. 12' is pushing it. I would prefer expanded metal on the platform. Brett C and I have both built our own based off of monarchs. So these are some of the things we learned. I think you might do better cutting down on your cost so you could sell them cheaper. These days most people are more concerned about saving a buck than having the best of all the options. Just my honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
          Two ladders would be over kill in my opinion. It will be hard to pull off that height without it being very shaky. 12' is pushing it. I would prefer expanded metal on the platform. Brett C and I have both built our own based off of monarchs. So these are some of the things we learned. I think you might do better cutting down on your cost so you could sell them cheaper. These days most people are more concerned about saving a buck than having the best of all the options. Just my honest opinion.
          The stand will be braced and tied down, this particular one will be in a silent auction, and as said before I'm only doing one ladder. Thanks I like the input!

Comment

Personally I wouldnt be interested in a two man bow stand for 800 bucks. Ive got less than half of that in a 4x6 12' to the floor enclosed rifle blind with a stair case on one end.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
              The stand will be braced and tied down, this particular one will be in a silent auction, and as said before I'm only doing one ladder. Thanks I like the input!
              Ok bracing would be a must at that height. Pay close attention to the angles of the legs we went a little to straight up. It seemed like we angled them enough but they were a bit wobbly. Our monarchs had quite a bit more angle.

Comment

I think your pushing the limits with 2x2 11 gauge at that hight and leg span.

Comment

15' deck or 17' eye level? Are we gonna sit Indian style?

Comment

I would pay $400

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                      15' deck or 17' eye level? Are we gonna sit Indian style?
                      Originally posted by br549redneck View Post
                      I think your pushing the limits with 2x2 11 gauge at that hight and leg span.
                      15ft deck level, and When I placed the order I was talking to the steel company, they didn't see an issue with the height, if it came down to it I could shorten it.

Comment

This blind is 350 bucks, with light duty steel and now very well constructed, I think a good long lasting durable stand would be a better route for hunters? box store quads and tripods are made out of 16 ga.

Comment

I build 8'-11' quad pods similar to what you're talking about and sell them for $350-$400 with boat seat posts but no seats. Monarch sells theirs for $700-$800 which I think is outrageous. Something like what you're talking about IMO ought to be priced no more than $550ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                            I build 8'-11' quad pods similar to what you're talking about and sell them for $350-$400 with boat seat posts but no seats. Monarch sells theirs for $700-$800 which I think is outrageous. Something like what you're talking about IMO ought to be priced no more than $550ish
                            Serious question, how would one do that with the price of steel,hardware,accessories, and seats which cost 450? And that's being conservative.
                            Last edited by Skullworks52; 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM. Reason: mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
                              Serious question, how would one do that with the price of steel,hardware,accessories, and seats which cost 450? And that's being conservative.
                              It can be done.. Just need to lower your labor cost, or improve your build speed and quantity...

Comment

Working...
                              X