No announcement yet.

Gun Safe/ Safe Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome work. I was just telling my wife I need a bigger safe a poof, I come across this thread! Great build!

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
      How long did that take? It's really amazing, you did a great job!!
      Took a couple of weekends, and a few strong backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
        Storm shelter doors should swing INTO the room, to avoid the "blocked door".

Do they make safe doors that swing in?

I realize that, but they don't make them and it would take up a lot of room inside. That's why I put a 4x4 post and bottle jack in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
          I'm building a big shop with a 12X12 office/gun room. Now I have to redesign and use your ideas. That thing is nice. I appreciate your sharing that.
          You might want to pour some good footers and cross beams in that area. That will be a lot of weight in one area. I had extra steel added in mine for the room. I also had the slab poured 6-8" thick with a beam .

Comment

Awesome job!!

Comment

This is awesome! I wish I had something like this at my house.

Comment

Very nice work!!!!!

Comment

Man that looks great

Comment

I must have missed it but did you put emergency lights in there? Like the ones in stairwells in hospitals/big buildings?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                      I must have missed it but did you put emergency lights in there? Like the ones in stairwells in hospitals/big buildings?
                      I just put a couple of those 9v push lights that you can get at walmart. I also put in a flashlight/nightlight that plugs into the 110 outlet. It keep charged while there is electricity and the battery last a good while.

Comment

Very nice job!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I plan to add a trophy room to my house in the near future. This makes me want to build a special room like this in it.

Comment

WOW! That's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X