Game cart made better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game cart made better

Well last year after using the cart that I got from sportsman guide I found out a few things about it. One of the problems was that it was too low and wouldn't clear a bunch of stuff the other thing were the hard rubber wheels dug into the ground making it harder on me. So I got to thinking I have 2 wheels that I've never used before sitting in the attic i'll use those. Now keep in mind I bought them about 20 years ago and they cost 27 bucks each. The game cart has a 1/2 inch axel and the wheels have a 3/4 bearing in them so I had to figure out how to join them together.. So today I went to Ace Hardware and picked up a new 1/2 round 36 in long 4 bronze flange bearings1/2 id 3/4 od and 2 steel collars. I still have to cut the steel rod to length but this baby roll smooth on these inflated and bearing equipped wheels. I just have to play with it before I cut the shaft to length and I will try to post pics from my phone.

It's not letting me load up the pics can I text to any one that can post ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380921383.382614.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	24252036Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380921401.626334.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	24252037here are the pictures

Comment

Nice! First lifted game cart I've ever seen!

Comment

That's what I was thinking( lifted ) great idea

Comment

First thanks to Sonnyboy for posting them up ! The wheels do not wobble around at all now the collars tightened them up they have 30 # of air in them and rated for 40 they are also rated for 250 each so I should be able to carry a lot .

Comment

No more dragging or high centering is what I wanted,

Comment

Nice 20's on your ride!!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Make sure you tie the game up well or put some fenders on that thing to keep the animal out of the tires and spokes.

I like the big wheels though. It should pull a LOT easier.

Comment

I used it with 3 bags of corn and headed down a trail here at the lease went over logs humps and windrows with no problem.

Comment

You gave me some good ideas for my cart. Thanks. Did you put the green slime in it to avoid flats?

Comment

where did you find those black clamps that clamp the wheel to the "axle"

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                            where did you find those black clamps that clamp the wheel to the "axle"
                            So today I went to Ace Hardware and picked up a new 1/2 round 36 in long 4 bronze flange bearings1/2 id 3/4 od and 2 steel collars.
                            There ya go!

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                              There ya go!
                              Thanks I just now got to read this post. And yes ace hardware carries them.

Comment

Working...
                              X