No announcement yet.

Cabin Build - The Catfish Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seeing this. Awesome build! That looks like a beautiful piece of property. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Well mom and pops got to go after a hog. Here is his narrative and some of the pictures they took of it. Please note: the blood on the catch dogs was that of the pig after the fellas stuck it - not that of the dog. Also, the hog meat turned out no bueno, as there was a fist sized **** sack on it's chest - didn't really want to take a chance with that.

Pops -
      "Tuesday morning this rig drove up to the house. They had started a
      feral hog about 2 miles west of my land in a high fence place. The
      hog got out, and the hounds bayed him on my land across the tank from
      the cabin. The guys, Shepperd and Tate came to the house and asked if
      they could get their dogs. Their locator indicated where the dogs
      were. I said, "**** right - Mama get the buggy." She got the buggy,
      and I said, "Get the camera, too". She came out with it and her
      sweater, saying, "I'm not going to miss this." (How did my little 18
      year old dairy maid turn into such a redneck?)

They turned the catch dogs loose near the tank, and ended the chase
      about 100 yards southeast of there."
      Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait to sit on that porch. Great job

Rwc

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Did Ronnie Creek show up and help with that hog?

Comment

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
                Did Ronnie Creek show up and help with that hog?
                No, it was Sheppard and Tate.

Comment

Nothing at all spectacular about these broke points. I just think it is cool that I found them all in the area that we scraped the topsoil back to put the cabin.

Pretty interesting knowing that we were not the first to set up shop there. This property is only about 4 miles as the crow flies from the Gault Site as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

well done!

Comment

Looks like this will be a great cabin! Cool pics of dogs/hogs...

Comment

Thank you folks for all the responses! The last couple of good weather weekends we have had, we finally got the fur-outs on the fly rafters, the flashing, and finally the sheet iron put on. One step closer to getting her dried-in. Still gotta put the ridge cap on, and we are having that bent this week. Was a lot of fun, and thankfully, the wind was minimal. With last picture, Pops wanted a picture of us doing a "Topping off Ceremony". So..well..he got one. Let the good times roll.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Coming together very nicely! Keep up the good work and before you know it, you will be enjoying a nice cup-o-joe on the front porch.

Comment

i AINT SEEN A SUNNY WEEKEND IN ALONG TIME! LOOKS GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                              Coming together very nicely! Keep up the good work and before you know it, you will be enjoying a nice cup-o-joe on the front porch.
                              Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                              i AINT SEEN A SUNNY WEEKEND IN ALONG TIME! LOOKS GREAT!
                              Thank ya fellas. Yes, it will certainly be nice to finally be able to sit down and enjoy the porch life! As for the weekends, it has really been hit or miss this year. Strange weather we have been having, so just trying to make the best of it.

Comment

Sure wish we could relocate that to my deer lease!

Shaping up nicely Bob. Gonna be a cool place to hang your hat!

Comment

Working...
                                X