Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Shipping Crate to Bow Blind (in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
    Ummm. did ya get the munchies after all that spray paint??
    You know me.....I've always got the munchies.

Comment

Looks good Bobby!

Comment

Looing good Bobby....let's see it installed.

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but I think a quilter's loom would work out good as a frame for the shoot thru mesh.

Comment

I decided to just to use hinged windows since it's it is so dark inside.

I had to repair the one on the right after transporting/setting it up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SD531259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	23841607

Comment

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. After we emailed a few times, I guess I got buried in work. I thought about using the clips but ripped some 2x6's instead (3 pieces per board) and used screws. I've got 2 windows in the end and one on each side next to the end with windows. I can't draw my bow using 5' but have no problem with 7'. The clips would definitely make it easier for transporting. I haven't put the roof on yet but I've cut the windows and door and used oversize plywood inside so I can close it up. I also cut a 4" slope in the top. I painted the inside black this evening. I'll paint the outside next and then put on the roof. I think it'll be around 1" short since I sloped it but the 2 x's should make up the difference. I'll put tin on top anyway. I've got one more crate once I finish this one but haven't decided where I'd put it so I'm not sure I'll build the second one.I haven't been taking any pictures but I'll take some tomorrow and start a thread on it.

Comment

reminds me of my days in minnesota building an ice house to fish out of (or was that to drink out of..lol)

Comment

looks good

Comment

Looking very good should work out great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                      I've got one more crate once I finish this one but haven't decided where I'd put it so I'm not sure I'll build the second one.I haven't been taking any pictures but I'll take some tomorrow and start a thread on it.

Lip, I'd be interested in your second crate if you don't end up using it. My lease is in Throckmorton. If you'd carry it up to Olney, I can meet you there and pick it up there. I'd like to replace my tripod with an elevated bow blind.

Comment

Sweet Blind Chew.

Comment

Originally posted by innergel View Post
                          Lip, I'd be interested in your second crate if you don't end up using it. My lease is in Throckmorton. If you'd carry it up to Olney, I can meet you there and pick it up there. I'd like to replace my tripod with an elevated bow blind.
                          I decided to "build" the second one so I spent this past weekend making it into a blind.

Ed

Comment

looks great so far!

Comment

Lookin good Chew

Comment

red neck art rules!

looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X