Plow Disk Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
    Just spoke to Ed at Deen Imp. He ordered 2 for me, said he was about to place another order (yours?). He said they may be in by 5 today. I assume yours would be in the same shipment.
    Not my order, but Ed is probably gonna kill me the next time I go in there.

He was griping at me about how heavy the 3 were that I ordered a few weeks ago....he is gonna love all the new business!!!!

Glad to be able to help you guys.

Comment

For the guys using their wok on a propane burner....are you having trouble cooking on it because the center is super hot and the sides of the disk aren't hot enough? Wish i had a better burner.

Comment

I'm using the base from a propane-fired water smoker and not having any problems with the whole disc getting really hot. It looks similar to the propane bases they sell for frying turkeys.

Comment

Bill...I sent you a PM. I need your phone # for the raffle tickets! SHoot me an email. bobbyminchew at gmail dot com

Comment

Bobby, I replaced the burner in my hootus that was the size of a hockey puck, with one that is a ring shape about 5 or 6" across. It still doesn't heat the entire disc, but it does heat a lot more evenly now. Also if wind isn't an issue (I know, like never) you can adjust the air shutter and richen the flame up some (more yellow), that seems to spread the heat better.

Comment

I went from........

to..................
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-20-2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

glen pm sent

Comment

Plow Disk Cooker

Well this is my first post..

I could not resist making 1 or 2 of these. Ed laughed a bit when I ordered 2 of them. Said they were for Agriculture Cooking use. Also said these were mistakes in production and should have the hole but the place that makes them just puts these aside. Hope the shipping to Houston does not eat my lunch.

Comment

another thing i found is i turned the burner over on my propane cooker and turn the propane cooker over, now the feet hold the disc and the heat spreads a little more and is not as intense on the burner.
                    just a different way
                    cya,
                    Bob G.

Comment

another thing i found is i turned the burner over on my propane cooker and turn the propane cooker over, now the feet hold the disc and the heat spreads a little more and is not as intense on the burner. (i mean disc)
                      just a different way
                      cya,
                      Bob G.

Comment

My first post. For those looking for maximum btu's. Made for woks.

Comment

The propane bases for frying turkeys look like they'd put out a whole bunch of BTUs- and Cabelas sells them for around $50 with the pot I think. I use the base from my (now don't laugh- a real smoker would probably violate some clean-air laws in Cali) propane-fired Coleman smoker and it worked well. I take off the top and the lava rocks in the silver part and it leaves a propane unit.

Comment

I found this burner in our local propane joint (had to build the stand though)and had to have it for doin turkeys. It will get the grease to 350 in mere minutes. It is 11" across if I remeber right.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0077a.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	23841067
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0082a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	23841068

Comment

Slacker..that a good lookin' burner. Nice work on the stand. My birthday is August 8th.

Comment

Kovar where the hell is my burner like that ya were going to build me?

Comment

Working...
                                X