Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

howfar.....the view is great!

Comment

Any luck this past weekend Sneaky? Love your thread, gives me inspiration on getting my own little slice of heaven.

Comment

love the thread. been eyeing a piece of property myself and have been researching ideas. yours is really inspiring to keep my eye on the prize and don't give up on dreams. are you planning on building a home there as well?

congratulations!!

Comment

Progress! TXUSNAVYCHIEF and I installed the carpet, DeerView windows and screen up top, and hasp on the outside. It's a good day!!

Comment

Comment

Beautiful piece of property. Congrats.

Comment

Quick update:

1. I'm about to post up pics of a whole bunch of shredding work that's getting done this week.
                2. I'm picking up (FINALLY) the shredder StanR so graciously donated to me, this month!
                3. The gate is getting installed this month!

Comment

Let me know when ya head to Stan's...if it's a Saturday, I'll try to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                    Let me know when ya head to Stan's...if it's a Saturday, I'll try to be there!
                    I will! Shooting for next weekend!

Comment

Do you know there's not supposed to be a gap between the wall and roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        Do you know there's not supposed to be a gap between the wall and roof?
                        Do you know there's no right or wrong (generally speaking) in creating a design of your own? This is intended for ventilation.

I intend to evaluate this approach, then install a soffit to cover this gap if I don't like it down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky View Post
                          do you know there's no right or wrong (generally speaking) in creating a design of your own? This is intended for ventilation.

I intend to evaluate this approach, then install a soffit to cover this gap if i don't like it down the road.
                          at least screen it..keeps the 2 million red wasps from making it their home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                            Do you know there's no right or wrong (generally speaking) in creating a design of your own? This is intended for ventilation.

I intend to evaluate this approach, then install a soffit to cover this gap if I don't like it down the road.
                            I completely understand your reasoning but in this case, architects and carpenters all over the world have proven that the non gapped walls are the most efficient and most practical. b

Windows have proven themselves to be a very good way to ventilate a space ... Or do yours serve another purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              I completely understand your reasoning but in this case, architects and carpenters all over the world have proven that the non gapped walls are the most efficient and most practical. b

Windows have proven themselves to be a very good way to ventilate a space ... Or do yours serve another purpose?
                              When the blind is closed up for weeks on end, the ventilation the air gap provides can help prevent moisture accumulation and mold. Also, as I said - this being my first blind build - this is a test feature that can easily be augmented with soffits if the need is established.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                                I will! Shooting for next weekend!
                                Your place is looking good.

Just let me know I am there every weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X