Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That thing is bigger than my first apartment in California. Remember....lift with the legs, not the back!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Wow! That thing is bigger than my first apartment in California. Remember....lift with the legs, not the back!
      I use the tractor.....

Comment

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
        I use the tractor.....

Nobody likes a braggard.

Comment

all it takes is a payment book......

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
            all it takes is a payment book......
            Chew, sounds like this fine gentleman is buying us each a tractor! !

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              Chew, sounds like this fine gentleman is buying us each a tractor! !
              sure...they are even still in the match box package.....

Comment

We built one that is 4x10
                Works great for the famoly

Comment

that place looks like it needs a fire not a chainsaw...

Comment

Love reading threads like this. Great place that's looking even better now! Just moved to your town. If you need a hand loading that blind just shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                      that place looks like it needs a fire not a chainsaw...
                      I agree!! But, I've got a lot to learn regarding how to safely do a controlled burn to help wipe out some chunks of the massive overgrowth that I have, and get nice native grasses and other forage growing.

Originally posted by R.cher View Post
                      Love reading threads like this. Great place that's looking even better now! Just moved to your town. If you need a hand loading that blind just shoot me a PM.
                      Thanks man!

Comment

call the local fire folks, see if they want to do a training session.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post

Heh...I hope the local kids don't think that. I already caught the neighbors kids shooting dove at the corner of my property, but they took off before I could catch up to them to confront them. How would you recommend I get in touch with their dad (he's a single dad) to let him know. I can't seem to find his number online and I don't want to just drive up into his place to find him and end up getting shot.
                          Kids will be kids for sure. I would try and make a friend out of that deal.
                          My dad stopped hunting with me when I was 12 since he felt he had taught me all I needed to know. I hunted by myself or with my younger cousin all through my teens.
                          Thant being said, an old man with some property that bordered my Grandfathers had seen me around and asked if I wanted to help him do some work. I was thankful for the odd jobs. I worked for him for a number of years and was his eyes and ears when he was gone on the road. He was kind enough to include me when there was something on the place that he wanted killed and didn't have time to get it done himself. Just a thought.....

Comment

Lots of work but worth it

Comment

Tonight I got the birds mouth cuts finally figured out for the rafters, and picked up 7 gallons of recycled paint (brown) to apply to the blind.

Tomorrow I am leaving work early, picking up some Simpson strong ties for the rafters, getting the rest of the rafters cut, and making arrangements for my buddies son to do the painting on Thursday while I'm at work. I just need to finish the roof and build the door by Saturday and it can be installed this weekend!

The DeerView windows are already ordered last week - so excited!

Comment

more pics tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X