Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see an update. I finally got all my feeders and stands off my lease and will be setting up some stuff this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Glad to see an update. I finally got all my feeders and stands off my lease and will be setting up some stuff this weekend.
      I hear ya, brother. Looking forward to seeing more of your updates from KCA as well! This is the time for us to get our butts into high gear before it gets too hot to want to anything other than drink beer!

Comment

cool...let us know!..I'll be working on steps to the camp cabin....the wife is making me go.....

Comment

Had a great day at the ranch today with my Dad. We strung up a few new strands across the north fence to keep those errant horses away, knocked out some chainsaw work and set up the monster Krivoman feeder!
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Good stuff!!!!

Comment

Good looking feeder. I hope the critters find it fast. They aren't really touching mine. But I have some really fat crows to eat if SHTF. :$

Comment

The front frame of the blind is done, so now only the back frame and roof remain!!

Question for those of you who have built blinds at home and assembled them on-site:

Did you build the roof at home also, or was it the one piece you built on-site?

If you built it at home, what general design approach did you take to make it easy to "drop on" and attach when on-site?

Thanks in advance, brothers!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I used a 2x2 lip around my sides to put everything together. Lip rested on base with plywood overhanging a bit. Tin roof over plywood. Put together pretty quickly.

Comment

Awesome! Very rewarding journey, for sure. Looking forward to your process of building your dream hunting piece of heaven! Congrats!

Not sure why I haven't seen this. Oops. Sorry about that. Seems its already on page 13? Lol.
                      Last edited by Silent Assassin; 03-30-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        I used a 2x2 lip around my sides to put everything together. Lip rested on base with plywood overhanging a bit. Tin roof over plywood. Put together pretty quickly.
                        So, after doing some research, I decided the most sensible course of action for me is to pre-cut all of my rafters and fascia, and just attach them all once the sides are assembled on-site. Then all that will remain is quickly attaching the plywood ceiling and then the tin on top of that.

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                        Awesome! Very rewarding journey, for sure. Looking forward to your process of building your dream hunting piece of heaven! Congrats!

Not sure why I haven't seen this. Oops. Sorry about that. Seems its already on page 13? Lol.
                        Thanks, man! It's definitely coming along, but I need to hustle since soon it will be hotter than the surface of the sun out there.

Comment

I have the Echo CS-600P and I would put it up against any saw! Great machine!

Comment

Looking good bud! Has to be fun seeing the progress

Comment

Awesome property

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                                Had a great day at the ranch today with my Dad. We strung up a few new strands across the north fence to keep those errant horses away, knocked out some chainsaw work and set up the monster Krivoman feeder!
                                Feeder looks great there... Awesome place..

Comment

Working...
                                X