Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty cool huh! This book is pretty cool too

Comment

Put mine together last week, Got it installed Sunday afternoon, Sunday night a buddy and his dad killed the first pig under it. They said that the light came on as the pigs came in, they kind of made a loop around the halo of light and then came right on in. I would say that is a great testament to how the light does not effect them.

Comment

These lights work!

Ok, so I took the idea on this thread and this is how we decided to set it up at our place. We put 3 of these out. Killed the 1st pig 10 hrs after setting them up. So, here's the story. Most of our pig activity, according to our cameras, is between shortly after dark until about 10:00pm, with prime time being about 7:00-9:00 pm. We set the lights up midday around noon and decided we'd go ahead and sit that same evening starting right at dark until about 9:00. Then, we would start predator hunting. Well, while we were sitting in the stands, neither I nor Cowdog saw anything. So, we met back at camp, regrouped, grabbed the AR's and headed out with the FoxPro and the Mojo Critters. We sat at one stand and didn't get anything. Then, we moved over to the levy by the stock tank. We were on the levy, facing down into the creek bottom which is lined with an oak grove on either side and tends to be heavily traveled by all sorts of wildlife. Coincidentally, about 60 yards beyond where the FoxPro was set, back in the treeline, was my ladder stand. Which, just happens to be one of the spots where we placed a light. While we were calling, we saw a couple of sets of eyes that slowly started making their way toward the FoxPro. Then, back in the trees, we saw the newly placed red light come on. Then, it turned off. We both figured that it was an animal moving down the creek bed toward our Fox Pro. The light turned off and then back on again. The came on and turned off several times. So, we decided that something was definitely hanging at the feeder. So, we decided to try to stalk up to it for a peak. We left the Fox Pro running to help mask any noises we might make, since it apparently wasn't bothering whatever was at the feeder. Total distance we had to cover on foot was about 125 yards to the feeder. I was carrying a Daniel Defense DDM4V5 while Cowdog was toting an AR IN 300 Blackout w/ Subsonic ammo and a can. Both of us were set up with a Kill Light on our guns. We decided to only move when the light was on in hopes that the light would help wash out some of the night vision of whatever lay in wait for us at the feeder. When we got to about 50 yards from the feeder, we were still able to see the light coming on, but not able to see anything under the feeder. But, we were looking through a lot of underbrush and trees at this point. It was here that we heard a pig squeal. That got our hearts pounding as we realized that it was about to be on. The next time the light came on, we moved a bit closer and Cowdog was able to actually see a pig for just a moment. We continued to move up. Suddenly, I heard rustling in the brush and thought we'd been busted and the pigs were running off. So, we began to run toward the feeder to get ourselves into the open to be able to take a shot. Then, suddenly, the light came back on. I saw a pig dart to the right next to the feeder. Then, it stopped and faced right at me. I squatted down to get a clear shot under the low hanging branches, I was able to squeeze off a shot, striking the pig in the left eye and dropping her in her tracks. Then, suddenly it was pig mania. There were at least 6-8 other pigs that we hadn't even seen yet. They took off running everywhere. I was only able to safely get off two more shots before I reached my left lateral limit because of Cowdog's position. He, however dumped 16 rounds on several pigs in a matter of a few seconds. Since he was shooting the subsonic ammo and running that kill light, he was actually able to see his rounds impacting pigs. He hit at least 3. They all kept running though. We looked for a few minutes but didn't spend much time looking for the ones that ran. We decided to try to find them the next morning.
        Afterward, we were jumping around like little kids. Our adrenaline was pumping and were giggling like school girls. It was really an awesome experience. I'll post a few pics of how ere set up our lights, as well as the 1st LDP That we can credit to the new and extremely fun setup. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	24362034

Comment

This is how we set them up.

I picked up this 24" stake at The Home Depot. It was $17 and well worth me not having to use a posthole digger. It's designed for a 4"X4" post.
          Click image for larger version

Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24362035

We used about an 8" piece of 4"X4" to place in the stake to hit w/ the sledge hammer. It went into our soil quite easily.

Comment

Ok, for some reason, either the site or my phone doesn't like the pic im trying to load, so I'll try to at least get the final product up.

Comment

Final Product.

I give up. Can't get the other pics to load on the ****ed thing.

Comment

cool

Comment

How has the light been working. Does it charge back up enough to run through the night?
                  Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                  Northern tool 49$ plus tax
                  [ATTACH]522192[/ATTACH]
                  Motion activated with auto-off-on switch
                  And solar panel
                  Hobby lobby clear-lay film 6$ + tax
                  [ATTACH]522193[/ATTACH]
                  Blue,red,orange,and green colors

1) snap out lens [ATTACH]522194[/ATTACH]
                  2) lay lens over color choice and cut out
                  [ATTACH]522195[/ATTACH]
                  I used 2 pieces to make a bit darker
                  3) reinstall glass
                  [ATTACH]522197[/ATTACH]
                  4) place film over LED with lid open
                  [ATTACH]522196[/ATTACH]
                  5) close back up. Done.
                  [ATTACH]522199[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]522200[/ATTACH]
                  Now go put it out. I suggest set it on longest time and highest sensitivity an auto. Says it will run for 8 hours on a charge. Took me 11 minutes

Comment

Since I did this diy I have got a " exterminator light " by sniper hog lights so I put it at a second feeder that I rarely hunt but it is still working. I highly recommend getting in touch with sniper and upgrading. They are amazing!

Comment

Light

I built a new one last weekend. Put this one on a senders where we hand corn. . Sorry for the sideways pic. Tripod in background is not used. Just a temp location until next week.
                      Click image for larger version

Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	24363582

Comment

Comment

nice

Comment

[QUOTE=LloydMcCoy;9682652]TBH is in the archery guide!!!

[QUOTE]

Hey! That's my pic in the archery guide...I'll PM you were to send all my royalty checks! Been waiting for that gold mine..retirement here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                              Camera is mounted way too high, even for deer

Comment

cool idea

Comment

Working...
                                X