No announcement yet.

Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics showed 3, 60-ish pound hogs pushing my pipe around and eventually got it off the rebar. They pushed it around the pen for about an hour, then finally got it out of camera view on the opposite end of the pen, in the branches. Hmmm!

Comment

I must have done something wrong with mine. Put then where cameras could catch activity. Never got a pic of a pig using it...plenty of coons, but no pigs.

Comment

Hahaha! Great instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by iamgoo78 View Post
          Anything else positive to add to the thread???

Comment

Originally posted by iamgoo78 View Post
            Interesting observations huh

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am assembling mine now.

Foind one how to where rivets were used to secure the end pieces instead of pvc cement, I guess so he could open it back up if needed. Anyone else try that?

Also, how many holes ?

I am thinking two 1/2 inch holes at one end.

It's 5 feet long.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use 2 sheet metal screws to hold the caps onto my pipes. Never had an issue so far.
                Mine are 4'-5' long and will hold right at 40 lbs each. I have a couple of 5/8" holes in each. You should be fine with (2) 1/2" holes.

Comment

Originally posted by JustYakin View Post
                  So just to try and clear a few things up....its 4" pipe about 5ft long, cap one end and put a screw on cap on the other end (not sure of technical name) and drill about 4 - 5/8" holes?? Whats the best way to put the marbles in without plugging the hole??...or is that not an issue?? And of course add a chain to secure it.
                  Ring on end of chain to slip over t-post. Make sure chain can swivel where attached to pipe

Comment

Use heavier chain than you think you need. We have lost a couple of pipes

Comment

I like it, used a few in east tx.

Comment

I placed the 5 ft pipe on 3/5, returned yesterday 3/19 and it's already empty.

Was hoping it would last longer.

I'm thinking of sealing one of the two 5/8ths holes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X