No announcement yet.

It has begun...water tank bow blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet. I have a round rifle blind. Just gotta frame the windows like Mitch is saying and attach em. Door is the same way.

Actually pulled it through your neck of the woods a few hours after you saw us with the pump house blind.

Interested to see your completed cost sheet... I think it may be just easier to buy one complete from Mitch... In fact if you want another set up... I'm off, have a trailer, and could split gas cost with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
      here ya go.
      Thanks Mitch, that's how I thought you were meaning to do it. Looks pretty simple to do. Now I gotta order me some more tubing.

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
      Sweet. I have a round rifle blind. Just gotta frame the windows like Mitch is saying and attach em. Door is the same way.

Actually pulled it through your neck of the woods a few hours after you saw us with the pump house blind.

Interested to see your completed cost sheet... I think it may be just easier to buy one complete from Mitch... In fact if you want another set up... I'm off, have a trailer, and could split gas cost with ya.
      Haha ya, wish I would've gotten to see that thing roll through. I added up my costs and I'm right at what it would've cost me to buy one from Mitch and what I estimated it would cost to go get it. Next time I'll just go get one but this will be the only new blind this year. Plus it has kept me busy and given me a challenge. I always like a challenge. it was just gonna be hard to find a weekend to down to georgetown to go get it and possibly risk losing the dang thing on the way home. We'll see how this one goes this year and I'll prob get a Krivo next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        Thanks Mitch, that's how I thought you were meaning to do it. Looks pretty simple to do. Now I gotta order me some more tubing.

Haha ya, wish I would've gotten to see that thing roll through. I added up my costs and I'm right at what it would've cost me to buy one from Mitch and what I estimated it would cost to go get it. Next time I'll just go get one but this will be the only new blind this year. Plus it has kept me busy and given me a challenge. I always like a challenge. it was just gonna be hard to find a weekend to down to georgetown to go get it and possibly risk losing the dang thing on the way home. We'll see how this one goes this year and I'll prob get a Krivo next year.
        Forgot to mention how cool it is to build a blind by yourelf, set it up, then kill out of it for years.. there is a cool since of accomplishment. good job. post pictures after complete and painted.. Should be nice... Also, you might look at cutting the bottom out to avoid popping when it warps up. Or cover the inside with a heavy horse stall matt. good luck.

Comment

horse stall mat should work well. you can find it at tractor supply!

Comment

Looking great. Can't wait to see the final product

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
              Forgot to mention how cool it is to build a blind by yourelf, set it up, then kill out of it for years.. there is a cool since of accomplishment. good job. post pictures after complete and painted.. Should be nice... Also, you might look at cutting the bottom out to avoid popping when it warps up. Or cover the inside with a heavy horse stall matt. good luck.
              Yep, I like doing a project and making it mine but sometimes I like to just buy something and be done with it. I thought about making it taller and cutting a hole in the bottom and having access through that way. But then figured if I ever need to put it on the ground I won't have a door and a hole in the floor. We had some elevator bolts at work and I've got it bolted down pretty good, I might need a bolt or two more cause there is a spot or two that stillis buckled up. The mats I put in there make a huge difference when walking around on it.

Originally posted by TEXophilite7 View Post
              horse stall mat should work well. you can find it at tractor supply!
              Got em, boy those things get kinda hard to cut in a round shape to match the edges of the floor.

Originally posted by DYARB View Post
              Looking great. Can't wait to see the final product
              Thanks bud, it shouldn't be long. Took the night off last night and today but will more than likely jump back on it tomorrow.

Comment

I've been looking for a tank do this with. Looks like it is coming along nicely.

Comment

I used a tank once that had been used to store various unknown chemicals by various companies and government agencies. So far, I haven't discovered any real problems.

I used a tank once that had been used to store various unknown chemicals by various companies and government agencies. So far, I haven't discovered any real problems.....

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
                    Is that padding the foam egg shell looking stuff? If so where and how much $ is it? I would love to find some of this to line mine with as well. I have it lined (in spots) with carpet right now.
                    I think its called Quiet Queen 3 in 1 Acoustic Pad and costs about $20/roll thats about 4' wide and 25' long. Pretty sure it should be available at most flooring stores (hardwood and laminate). It's about an 1/8" thick and has an adhesive strip along one edge. Since I don't trust the adhesive to hold up for a vertical wall, I'm planning on using liquid nails or something to stick it to the walls.

I can send you a picture of it but don't know how to post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post

Yea, after building my own blind last year and fighting with pop ups on my other setups. I finally broke down and bought a couple of Mitch's awesome blinds. Coach if you want to try and go down and pick some up I wouldn't mind splitting gas with you

Comment

Windows are in Lubbock, out for delivery...

Comment

Originally posted by thehunted View Post
                          Windows are in Lubbock, out for delivery...
                          You beat me to it, Tyler. Just got the call that FedEx just dropped off a big box at the front door. Woohoo! Ill be back in town in about an hour to open it up and check it out!

Comment

You beat me to it, Tyler. Just got the call that FedEx just dropped off a big box at the front door. Woohoo! Ill be back in town in about an hour to open it up and check it out!
                            Well...

Comment

Originally posted by thehunted View Post
                              Well...
                              Well I hate to say this but these might be the best part of the blind. The windows are sweet. I like the camo fabric on these more than the ones pictured on your site. Thanks Tyler, I think these are gonna be the ticket for years to come.

Comment

Well I hate to say this but these might be the best part of the blind. The windows are sweet. I like the camo fabric on these more than the ones pictured on your site. Thanks Tyler, I think these are gonna be the ticket for years to come.
                                Good deal. Now go get them mounted. That's all anybody wants to see is the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                                X