Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big of a tank is it???

Comment

That thing is awesome! Don't think I could cut into a perfectly good water tank.

Comment

you must have a lot of money to do that type of blind?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Bahahahaaaa... I then wear a bandana or the like over my face... I look like an idiot while im painting...
          Bandana not needed to do that... Hey Nate!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376118828.154548.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24229179
            Mines coming along too

Comment

I have a McDonalds play set with 3 big club houses I was planning on doing the same thing but I'll never get to it with all my other projects. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376138849.566316.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	24229186
              Send me a pm if any of y'all think you could use them. We could work out some kind of trade.

Comment

Blind & Stand look great, good work on them both!

Did you ever consider a spray in bed-liner for the inside? I think you could get some insulation properties from it as well as noise reduction.

I know I wouldn’t have painted the outside black, simply because of its heat absorption…not like any other colors would be MUCH cooler here in Texas. I think I saw a “fill” cap on the top of your tank…I think I would find a very quiet 12v fan and rig it up to blow/vent out the top of it, sucking in air from the open windows. Just need to drag a car battery up there with you

Again, love it. Great job and thanks for sharing with good pics & write up.

Comment

I'm going to do a fan in the fill hole on mine, for sure. I'm on the lookout for a silent one.

Comment

Originally posted by WRsteveX View Post
                    [ATTACH]529543[/ATTACH]
                    Mines coming along too
                    Check him out! That's looking good, wish mine had some lifting eyes on top of it

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                    Blind & Stand look great, good work on them both!

Did you ever consider a spray in bed-liner for the inside? I think you could get some insulation properties from it as well as noise reduction.

I know I wouldn’t have painted the outside black, simply because of its heat absorption…not like any other colors would be MUCH cooler here in Texas. I think I saw a “fill” cap on the top of your tank…I think I would find a very quiet 12v fan and rig it up to blow/vent out the top of it, sucking in air from the open windows. Just need to drag a car battery up there with you

Again, love it. Great job and thanks for sharing with good pics & write up.
                    I did consider that, just started getting a little expensive. I tried to get someone to spray foam I guess they are too good to let me know back on it. I went with black just because it was what I had for the inside and didn't want to have to buy two colors. Hell, that thing was so hot on the inside when I cut holes in it, I don't think it would've mattered what color I paint it. Even popups are blistering hit in oct around here. I'm in the process of doing a styro redneck AC for it to runon a feeder battery. Guess we shall see before too long.

Originally posted by WRsteveX View Post
                    I'm going to do a fan in the fill hole on mine, for sure. I'm on the lookout for a silent one.
                    Check out radio shacks computer fans. I got a 4" one for prob $15 and it's way quiter than the same one I got from a guy at work. Been eyeballing the carbon oven filters at academy.

Comment

I'm planning on painting mine a khaki base color so hopefully it wont get as hot and leaving vertical black "trees" to help break up the windows. I skimmed the thread, mine seems a bit larger than yours, its 8' diameter, and 89" tall. 7 windows that are 8" wide and 3' tall, and a 16" fill hole on top, and a door I barely hit my head on walking in upright.

I put it in its spot today, lined the floor with 1'x1' bricks, leaving a small gap between them, and filled the cracks with sand. It made it MUCH quieter inside. Not like honking in a tunnel anymore.

After deer season I'm going to rid LED trailer brake lights into the flat area towards the top, solar panel on the roof, and have the battery, switch, and wires inside so the squirrels don't chew um up. For hogs. I use a stabilizer light, but I'm thinking of doing this.

Didn't mean to jack your thread, dude. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                        Bandana not needed to do that... Hey Nate!!
                        Just saw this! Hey now.... We were making fun of painty mcpainthimself... Not me

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          That's the #1 reason behind using the tank, dang wood blinds are too stinking heavy to move around.

Figured that would be the best way to go. My boss and I were talking about doing on some metal blinds but the metal blind idea went out the window when he started getting prices on tanks. Maybe it'll help give the paint something to stick to on the inside as well.

Found specs on one of the same size on the Internet, says 214 lbs. I believe it, it's not too heavy. I can flip it on its side pretty easy, just awkward how big it is.

I didn't think about that. I don't think we have one at the shop anyway, we trashed most of the ones we had. I tried with a sawzall and that wasn't happening either. Plus, our front office was locked so I couldn't get into the Sharpie box, had to use ball point pens to makes my cuts. I spent more time trying to get them **** pens to work than anything.
                          I had same problem with sharpies. I used masking tape to make my lines as circular saw worked easily.

Comment

Drumroll.....

Comment

Alright, been at it for two weeks or so getting this thing put out and ready. I know it's late to get out but we we're having technical difficulties with the lease and wasn't sure if we were gonna get to keep it. I didn't put it in the spot I originally planned, prob woulda got a little western getting it down in there with a trailer. Anyway, got it leveled, painted and windows in it today and she's ready to hunt. Here's my final pics of it. Tucked up into some oak chinery overlooking a wide open piece of property. Finally got a camera on this feeder so I guess I'll get to see what's coming in on Friday.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sweet! I like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X