Remote Tree Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Tree Blind

Anyone ever made a tree blind in a remote are where you could only get handtools and lumbar to? No ladder. If so, I want to see some pics and suggestions. I'm going to attempt one in a couple of weeks.

Save yourself the headache of building something and buy a ladder or a hang on stand. They're easy to assemble and not bad to carry into the woods.

Comment

Is it going to be a permanent stand??

Comment

Popups and/or tripods are your friends.....

Comment

What is wrong with a climbing stand?

Comment

These options are all much safe. Wood rots and or nails can become loose over time. I'm with these guys.

Comment

Safety 1st...Please

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Safety 1st...Please
                Yep - Good ladder stand would be a good option

Comment

It is going to be permanent. I may go the route of the tripod and just box it in. I have a 16' in my yard right now that I have been using for practice, but still habe the problem of getting it to the sight. But that gives me a good idea for a project: a small 4x4 trailer to pull behind the 4 wheeler.

Comment

I built a really good ladder stand out of 2x4x16 lumber and a piece of plywood for just over $ 16.00
                    Just needed a hand saw and hammer and nails... couple 6' spikes to attach to a tree
                    built on site

Comment

Originally posted by LEGION View Post
                      It is going to be permanent. I may go the route of the tripod and just box it in. I have a 16' in my yard right now that I have been using for practice, but still habe the problem of getting it to the sight. But that gives me a good idea for a project: a small 4x4 trailer to pull behind the 4 wheeler.
                      I built 3 permanent stands out of wood on our place.. I used 2x10s and made a triangle from a big oak that split 3 ways screwed in with long deck screws to hold it then put 6" spikes and long lag bolts it it.. Then cut and laid 2x10s for the floor.. 2x10s to make a long bench seat and 2x4s for a hand rail.. I made it lean just a hair and painted the wood so water will run off.. I check it annually for the last 6 years going to rebuild one of them before the season..

Comment

Originally posted by LEGION View Post
                        That's the beauty of a small, light, easy to attach hang on. It's not pemanent and you can move it anywhere you want to.

Comment

So you basically want to build an adult treehouse? AWESOME. I fully condone this. Stay safe!

Comment

Quad pod or game tamer and steps for aure

Comment

You need to get you a Krooked oak tree stand

Comment

Working...
                              X