Water trough and tote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water trough and tote

A few weeks ago I poured a small trough and covered it with some old epoxy pipeline coating to seal it. This weekend I installed a tote and tied it into the downspout off of one side of the shack. I am going to run water over to the tote just in case it never rains again but would rather use the rain water to keep it full.
    Thanks to Josh for giving me the tank cleaner for the tote and the instructions on how to wash it out. I hope this trough keeps all of the critters coming into the shack.
    Last edited by macoop; 11-27-2014, 08:36 PM.

looking good

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

looks good

Comment

That's cool

Comment

Cool idea! You should put a TC on it i bet everything comes to it when things get really dry.

That hose will crack fairly quickly in the sun with that bend in it.

Comment

That is sweet.

Comment

You call that a shack? Makes everything we ever slept in look like a cardboard box!
                Nice camp!

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                      You call that a shack? Makes everything we ever slept in look like a cardboard box!
                      Nice camp!
                      Pretty sure that's a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        Cool idea! You should put a TC on it i bet everything comes to it when things get really dry.

That hose will crack fairly quickly in the sun with that bend in it.
                        I think you are correct about the cracking. I plan on hard piping the float and then covering the area where the float is located with a small piece of hog panel. I wanted a different type of float but I couldn't find one like I wanted. I'm hoping that every critter for 20 miles comes to drink out of this thing.

It is a blind, but it has a bed in one end so when I get tired of sitting in the Lazy Boy I can get up and go to bed. When you get to be an old fart you start looking for ways to make life easier!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                          I think you are correct about the cracking. I plan on hard piping the float and then covering the area where the float is located with a small piece of hog panel. I wanted a different type of float but I couldn't find one like I wanted. I'm hoping that every critter for 20 miles comes to drink out of this thing.

It is a blind, but it has a bed in one end so when I get tired of sitting in the Lazy Boy I can get up and go to bed. When you get to be an old fart you start looking for ways to make life easier!
                          You "rough it" very smoothly my friend!

Comment

Gotta TC on it yet?

Comment

There is a primos trail cam on the tree in the 3rd picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X