Gator Bow Rig Setup-Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gator Bow Rig Setup-Any Ideas?

So now that I reside in the sunshine state, I want to do my first gator hunt. I really don't have the cash to go invest in the muzzy gator kit that costs $250.00, so I though I would turn to my innovate Texas friends. I have seen some of the basic setups for fish, but I need something heavy duty for gator hunting. The potential outfitter advised me that I need a big open reel with some heavy line. Can I use my same carbon arrows or do I need to go to something different?

Lets see your setup or ideas.

I just found this website. I am wondering if I can use one of the reel seats that mount in the stabilizer hole and then use a deep-sea fishing reel? Looks like I might need one of those heavy duty arrows. What size do I use? Same size as my standard carbon arrows or larger?

Comment

The kit at bowfishing extreme is good. the main thing is you need to make sure the tip is not glued on so it will detach in the gator. Its a little tricky but the tip must be tied to the line.

Comment

I personally like jug lines.... Wrap the line around a 3 liter coke bottle, tape it to the riser with masking tape and about 40' of line total. Right before they go under they sort of throw their head up. Shoot them in the soft part of the neck, right in front of the shoulder.

Comment

Working...
        X