Need pool electrical advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need pool electrical advice

I have both indoor and outdoor controls and a programmed system. The pool pump is not shutting off when it is supposed too. My unit inside will show "pump off" but the pump will keep running. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368885210.973209.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24965258
    Outside I can kick the unit to service mode then hit the button to turn the pump off. It will make a hum and the pump keeps running. If I give the control box a hard whack the pump will kick off. I have tightened all the wiring inside. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368885386.484571.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24965259

Sounds like a relay is getting stuck or is dirty.

Comment

Never worked on a pool but to me sounds like the relay that controls the pump is bad.

Comment

Good. That was my guess but just a guess. Pump is wired to the one on the bottom left but that is also tied to the one above it. Any idea where I might find a replacement on a Saturday?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368890854.535990.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	24200245

Comment

Been a long time since I worked on a aqua link. Just get on the Internet should be able to order one if they are not to much I would get a spare.

Comment

Found them online. May hit a pool sore or two and see if I can find one so I get done today. Probably cost me $50 versus ones we probably have in my warehouse for $15. Oh well. I will never have a pool again

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              Good. That was my guess but just a guess. Pump is wired to the one on the bottom left but that is also tied to the one above it. Any idea where I might find a replacement on a Saturday?[ATTACH]494046[/ATTACH]
              lol, dang, who wired that rat's nest?

Comment

Well that is a 3hp relay and Pool Warehouse wanted $81 for it I told the guy no way cause new ones online are $35 but I guess box stores don't negotiate. Came home and pulled that sucker apart and ever so gently cleaned all the contacts. Slapped it all back together and it seems to be working fine.

I needed a break after dropping $175 with the A/C guy this morning for a simple capacitor. Oh the joys of home ownership

Comment

Threadgill, for sure it wasn't an electrician..lol

Comment

I may have a relay out in my van. I was in the pool business for 15 years and got out of it last year. Is it a 3 hp relay. If I have one I'll send it your way.

Comment

Ok. I have one. It's missing a screw from one of the lugs but its new. Not sure why it's gone. Pm sent for address.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369000767.967490.jpg
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	24200520
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369000788.715624.jpg
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	24200521
                      Best part is its free. Hope it works out. That would be my guess as the problem.

Comment

Thanks man. That is the very unit Pool Warehouse wanted $81 for. Make you some money on ebay Cleaning mine seemed to do the trick. Everything is running fine now. I really appreciate it though.

Comment

Working...
                        X