Unistrut for scaffolding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unistrut for scaffolding?

Looking for educated opinions. I need a 10 foot scaffold for a small interior repair project. Problem is, I need to stretch my project $ as far as possible. Since I have been considering building another kayak rack for my truck with unistrut (did this once before on an older truck) I was thinking that if I just went up to the thicker guage stuff, I could build my scaffold from unistrut and then reuse it for the truck rack when done.

The alternative is $45 for a week of scaffold rental. Once I have that scaffold in place the whole repair might take me an hour max.

strut is strong. braced right it will hold ya.

Comment

That was my thinking. Some tomorrow looks like rain I think it will be a good project to start.

Comment

you must get that free....

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
          you must get that free....
          Ha! No, and I'm kicking myself for selling the last rack I made out of it. That's just what I do - buy and purge. I just hate clutter around my garage when I go many months without using something.

I figure $175 in materials gets me a good solid scaffold I can use for this project and probably even use it on the bathroom wallpaper replacement my wife wants to do. Then I convert it to use on the truck and have some leftovers I can try to be creative with!

Comment

ok, cause that aint cheap

Comment

Working...
            X