No announcement yet.

DIY Mosquito Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide, not sugar or yeast. I can't imagine that this will work. Following.

Comment

Yeast is an organism that eats the sugar and produce CO2....

Comment

I tried this several years ago and only caught flies. I never got a mosquito. It may work better with one of the attractants that the commercial traps use.

Comment

I made some for fruit flies. I would put a piece of banana in one and vinegar (i think) in another. It caught fruit flies.

Comment

I tried two of these around the yard and caught some flying bugs as well as some flies, however it didn't seem to work too well with mosquitoes as I caught very few.

Comment

Any luck catching the mosquitos with this??

Comment

Best trap?

Please weigh in if you have an opinion on this. We purchased a Mosquito Magnet Pro, one of the big guys, for way too much $ a few years ago! It worked pretty well, didn't get rid of all the mosquitos but definitely reduced their numbers. But over the years, of course, it became more and more toublesome to start and this year we could not get it started at all. We've definitely noticed more mosquitos so we want to buy something new and hopefully improved. There seem to be a lot of new mosquito trapping products, (not just Mosquito Magnet), on the market. Do you have one that you are happy with or know anyone who has a newer model that they like?

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I made one for skeeters a couple years ago. I put baking soda & vinegar in it to produce CO2. Never caught a single skeeter, and they were everywhere. Not sure what I did wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X