Watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

predatorsniper,

Another question -- what were the fittings you used -- I can't seem to find course thread fittings to go on the bung fitting that came on the tote. Does the fitting that is on your ( they look very similar and I believe we got them from the same source) tote come off and replace with something else? Help me here.

Eddie

Comment

raiderbowhunter,

do the valves on the totes come off? And what fittings did you use on yours with or without the valve?

eddie

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHoward View Post
        raiderbowhunter,

do the valves on the totes come off? And what fittings did you use on yours with or without the valve?

eddie
        Eddie,

I have never tried to get them off of the tote. I use banjo type fittings from Wylie tanks and sprayers here in Lubbock. Gebo's and TSC both carry Banjo stuff or Banjo knock offs. I usually use a 2"-3/4" reducer that threads onto the valve on the tank with that kind of valve. I will look at Wylie and see if they have any coarse threads in the coupler I am talking about.

Comment

raider is right......I think I bought all of my connections at TSC.

Good luck and keep us posted!

predatorsniper

Comment

I got all my fittings at home depot. They were standard 2 inch PVC fittings. There are some totes out there that have non standard coarse threads though.

Comment

EddieHoward said:

predatorsniper,

Have you had this set up out long enough to determine your water usage yet? How long do you think it will be before refill?

eddie
              Mine vary on the amount of activity....but my busy one lasts 2 months easy.

Hope this helps!

predatorsniper

Comment

It appears there are two types of fittings -- one with pipe threads and one with the coarse threads like on the ones I have -- can't seem to find any fittings for the one with coarse threads -- does anyone know if the fittings that come on the tote can be taken off the tote so they can be replaced? Predator where did you get the stuff for the outside covering on the tote in the pictures?

Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHoward View Post
                  It appears there are two types of fittings -- one with pipe threads and one with the coarse threads like on the ones I have -- can't seem to find any fittings for the one with coarse threads -- does anyone know if the fittings that come on the tote can be taken off the tote so they can be replaced? Predator where did you get the stuff for the outside covering on the tote in the pictures?

Eddie
                  Eddie,

I am checking on some adapters for those threads...

Comment

Thank you Josh -- bTW -- I am not unhappy about the totes -- just need to find fittings -- see if anybody knows if this fitting can be taken off of this tote.

Eddie

Comment

Great idea's . I love it . Good job all .

Comment

SCRIBNER adapted some PVC pipe to his. I will find out how he did it.
                        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Here are some facts that I have found in my research of rain collection systems. I am 5 hours from my lease and can't refill water very often, so I am looking for the most self replenishing system I can find. When you set up a roof collection system the amount of water catch is .62 gallons per inch rain per square foot of collection surface ie( 1 inch rain on a 6ftX6ft collection surface will give 22.3 gallons of water) Also for determining animal use rates a sheep or goat will drink 2-3 gallons per day the same roughly as a deer.

Comment

predatorsniper, have you ever thought of taking the corigated (sp) panels that you used to cover your tote with and lean them in a way to catch rainwater? Or are you @ your place enough to refill it.

Comment

New Water Spots

These are the new water stations my brother and I set up on my Dad's land. We don't have a rain catch system set up yet, but there's always this summer.
                              Attached Files

Comment

They're all nice set-ups, the important thing is the wildlife needs the water,especially here in west Texas. I personally have two big tanks, one is a poly tank that's 1800 gallons and I hooked it up to an old cast iron bathtub. The other is a tote about 330 gal. and I used an old poly tank that I cut in half and each one I used the ball float water valve.

Comment

Working...
                                X