Attaching feeder to a tree not hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what we have

We paid about 60.00 dollars for them at the end of the season.

Comment

i use a tripod

Comment

We've had good luck in the past screwing in two tree steps for the barrel to sit on, and a ratchet strap near the top to cinch it up tight to the tree. When its time to fill we back the strap off a couple inches which lets the barrel lean out away from the tree enough to open the lid. Not a perfect setup, but it was cheap and worked.

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
          We've had good luck in the past screwing in two tree steps for the barrel to sit on, and a ratchet strap near the top to cinch it up tight to the tree. When its time to fill we back the strap off a couple inches which lets the barrel lean out away from the tree enough to open the lid. Not a perfect setup, but it was cheap and worked.
          That is a pretty slick idea with the tree steps.

I do have to ask you guys why not just use feeder legs, unless black bears are a concern??

Comment

Attaching feeder to a tree not hanging

We just used to take a long section of well pipe, screw a winch about 4 or 5 ft from one end and a pulley on the other and lay it through a tree fork like a giant fishing rod. Use t-post to anchor the winch end.

Comment

I've always thought this would be the perfect solution, but I've never pulled to trigger on one.

Comment

Some good ideas here. Still looking to see a few pics of the above out in the field.

Comment

Buy a poly barrel that tapers in at the top and ratchet strap it right to the tree.

Comment

A punching bag wall mount sounds right to me for some reason. Title boxing makes some.
                    I have used the Fish feeder idea mentioned and it works good also.

Comment

Great idea

Comment

The tree hugger is on sale for 124.99 on the everlast sponsors page. I was thinking about getting one myself.

Comment

Here's how I did it. The shelf drawing is 2x6's. Bottom is like a mini shelf to hold the downward weight. The 2x4's between the tree and barrel are the spacers. You can operate the lid without it being in a bind. I have it ratchet strapped to the tree. I just use a ladder to get up there and fill it.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BowPro73; 12-15-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I found these and either want to see where to buy a few or have them built.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                              I found these and either want to see where to buy a few or have them built.

Where did you buy this?

Comment

Working...
                              X