Sandbox for the Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandbox for the Kids

My son's birthday is coming up this weekend and my wife wanted to get him a sandbox. Looked at the dinky plastic ones in the store and just couldn't bring myself to by one so off to the internet I went looking for plans and here is what I came up with. I'll let the pictures do the talking but it is made out of cedar. and the lid folds up to create a seat on each side. You will have to excuse the sideways pictures
    Attached Files

Looks nice!!! I was lazy and bought the dinky plastic turtle one last year. Maybe I should make this a weekend project. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Man I need to do some spring cleaning in my man cave/shop/garage/overflow storage space. It was really a pretty quick build I probably have 3-4 hours in it. Sanding the cedar was the most time consuming part. I am going to put down that weed stopping fabric under it before I add the sand

Comment

Very nice, I was thinking of building one a lot like that. Now I really want to do it.

Comment

Nice build.

Comment

Can you share the plans?

Comment

Subscribed, so I can find it later.

It's about sandbox time at this household.

Comment

When I opened this I was expecting to see a large kitty litter box but that thing is SWEET!

Comment

Originally posted by fishycatfish View Post
                    When I opened this I was expecting to see a large kitty litter box but that thing is SWEET!
                    same here

Comment

Here is a link to the plans i used with material and cut list. A lid is an absolute must on any sandbox to prevent it from becoming the neighborhood strays litterbox

Comment

Sweet build.

Comment

Working...
                        X