the corn grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the corn grenade

I have several spots on trails or edges where sometimes I'll take a big baggie of feed (roasted soybean/corn mix) and before I climb up will ease over and scatter it. Just enough to get deer to slow up. Most of the time I'm successful but I have been busted a couple of times.
    I was thinking if I could get about a softball sized wad of feed I could climb up and then throw it 30-50 yards with my gloves on and not risk stinking up the place.
    It obviously has to be scent free. Deer-edible would be cool. Has to hold up with the force of chunkin it. I thought of cling wrap maybe but I couldn't get it to stay together. A fine mesh like you get s bag of oranges in maybe?
    Maybe I'm over thinking it. Or it's just stupid but I've been called worse.
    Any ideas? Tks

What about a large Easter egg. Fill with feed snap shut and heave

Comment

What about makin a corn balloon? Kinda like a water balloon.....

Comment

Thin paper lunch sack? Fill with feed, tie the top shut and chunk it. Should bust on impact.

Comment

Why not hang a small feeder high up in a tree and use a remote to dump out a set amount right on the trail?

Comment

I have thought about this as well and this was my only idea but I have yet to add it to the arsenal. Jai-alai thrower thingy full of corn-bet you could get 30 yards easy. Lol
            Attached Files

Comment

hey thanks those are good, i appreciate your time. the big easter egg sounds throwable, doesn't it. hard plastic shouldn't hold any scent, guess i could give it a spray or something before i throw it. jai alai thrower sounds like the most fun! funny. and i had that water balloon sense to, i guess we were all kids at some point. paper sack makes sense. a doe may not figure either one out, the big boys might know better! thanks guys i'll give both a run and see what happens.

Comment

I've used a brown lunch sack before. Just sling it like a grenade and your good to go. Holds up until impact and then explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  I've used a brown lunch sack before. Just sling it like a grenade and your good to go. Holds up until impact and then explodes.
                  And the bag would eventually dissolve away

Comment

alright, brown paper sack it is, i hadn't thought of that. tks again

Comment

WE need a tiny tail gate feeder on a remote control truck! I have the same problem in East Tx. Hard to put out scent or feed without leaving fresh human scent.

Comment

I think you might be better off risking a little scent contamination than the sound of you heaving a ball of feed through the woods.

Comment

that's great, my cousin in louisiana thinks he can market a product for this, seems like you can buy just about anything these days. but man, don't you know we could sell a million camo'd little 4x4 RC pickups with a tailgate dump! maybe even a remote doe pee sprayer. that's funny.

i hunt alot up there in NE texas outside of Marshall, hard to throw without hittin a tree up there! see ya

Comment

yeah sippy good point i thought about that too. big deer close by would be movin out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                              Why not hang a small feeder high up in a tree and use a remote to dump out a set amount right on the trail?
                              This works best, 5gallon feeder high up in the trees. Academy has the remote feeder hook up.

Comment

Working...
                              X