Winch up feeder build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winch up feeder build.

I tend to overbuild things, but at least I know it won't come crashing down. Will post more pics after winch is mounted.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365367463.322770.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24958752Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365367483.670806.jpg
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	24958753Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365367500.387316.jpg
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	24958754Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365367532.227298.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24958755

Just remember, "Never saddle a dead horse". I did and it cost me a $300 Spincaster.

Comment

Bought one similar to this last year from a guy in Vidor. Solid as a rock. Nice work

Comment

"Heavy Duty" is the only way to go!

Comment

looking good so far...

Comment

Originally posted by EastTXHunter View Post
            Just remember, "Never saddle a dead horse". I did and it cost me a $300 Spincaster.
            You lost me there brother?

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Get some steel plates to weld on to the legs to keep them from sinking into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Polaris700 View Post
                  Get some steel plates to weld on to the legs to keep them from sinking into the ground.
                  I was thinking about that. It's pretty rocky where I hunt, but probably will anyway?

Comment

I was thinking about building one. Next thing I know is there is thread of exactly that. I'll be watching this to get ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbug View Post
                      You lost me there brother?
                      When you are putting the eye on the end of your cable, if you use cable clamps, You never put the saddle of the u-bolt against the dead end of the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTXHunter View Post
                        When you are putting the eye on the end of your cable, if you use cable clamps, You never put the saddle of the u-bolt against the dead end of the cable.
                        I'm with you. Never heard that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbug View Post
                          I tend to overbuild things, but at least I know it won't come crashing down. Will post more pics after winch is mounted.[ATTACH]479025[/ATTACH][ATTACH]479026[/ATTACH][ATTACH]479027[/ATTACH][ATTACH]479028[/ATTACH]
                          This is just a question , but isn't all the weight relying on that center weld holding up? Or am I wrong.

Comment

I have two winch-ups that Traildust on here built for me. They work well and plan to never go back to non-winchups. I put protein type tubes on the 55gal drums and used them as gravity feeders. I just wench them to the desired height and I am done. Deer in East Tx seem to prefer gravity feed rather than spincast. Lot less spooky around feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RENT View Post
                              This is just a question , but isn't all the weight relying on that center weld holding up? Or am I wrong.
                              It is. But the tubing has a 5/16" wall and has a root weld with a 6011 and a cap weld with a 7018. I don't think it would give. I guess I could run another piece of angle or tubing across the top to make sure?

Comment

Working...
                              X