Ingersoll Rand Compressor / Motor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingersoll Rand Compressor / Motor help

Hope I put this in the correct section. I know someone out there will have the right answer so here is the question....

I have an old single stage dual cylinder ingersoll compressor that had no motor that was my grandpas. So I bought a 5hp 3450rpm motor and put on it with a 4" 2 groove pulley. It works great for about 45min cycling but the motor over heats and trips olp's. It only runs for 40sec before shutting off at about 120 and starting at about 85psi. My question is, can I get a smaller pulley (2.5") and see if that will work or should I swap the motor out to a 1800rpm 5hp motor? I have no information to go off of other than the nameplate says the model number is a 244 which reveals no info on the web that I saw. It does have unloaders and they do work if that helps any. Thanks in advance and I Look forward to your responses...hopefully y'all will un-confuse me!!

Sounds like you need a continuous duty motor.

Comment

Give me a call, I own a company that services, repairs, sells, and installs Air Compressors all over DFW, north, south, Texas, and Oklahoma.

Most of those units are "start/stop" which means they are only meant to run for 60% of the time.

Between Dad and I we have 35+ years experience, we can figure it out for ya over the phone most of the time in a few mins.

Matt Sherick
      MS AIR
      817-919-8261

Comment

It is a continous duty motor.

Thanks mnsherick....ill try and call tomorrow!

Comment

If you have a clamp on ammeter check the motor amps while running and compare to the motor FLA. That's a good check on how hard the motor is working and where you might need to go in terms of pulley size to get it back within what the motor can handle.

Comment

Working...
          X