A question for the plumbers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for the plumbers.

I'm remodeling my bathroom. The old floor is linoleum and the new floor is going to be tile. The sewage pipe for the toilet has a little flex in it, but not alot. With the added thickness of the new tile, vs. the thinner old linoleum, will the wax ring be enough to keep the toilet from leaking? If not, how do I compensate for the difference?

Get an PVC compression insert at plumbing supply.You will need to know size.Either 3 or 4 inch.

Comment

I just replaced my bathroom floor the same as you. The wax ring was enough when I put the toilet down. No leaks

Comment

Originally posted by gargetter View Post
        Get an PVC compression insert at plumbing supply.You will need to know size.Either 3 or 4 inch.
        I don't know why but the pipe is dented. It's iron not PVC and for some reason it looks beat to heck. I'm not sure the compression insert would make a good seal. I snapped some pics and I'm going to head to the plumbing supply house tmr and ask their opinion. I can't post pics from my phone or I'd show you what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
          I don't know why but the pipe is dented. It's iron not PVC and for some reason it looks beat to heck. I'm not sure the compression insert would make a good seal. I snapped some pics and I'm going to head to the plumbing supply house tmr and ask their opinion. I can't post pics from my phone or I'd show you what I'm talking about.
          It should be soft lead.

Comment

they make a wax ring for tile.....

Comment

They make oversize wax rings.... I think

Comment

yes....oversize wax ring.

Comment

Awesome! Oversized wax ring should work. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X