Horse shoe sling shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse shoe sling shots

Here's a sling shot that I make out of 2 horse shoes. You need 2/0 or 3/0 pony shoes or small mule shoes so the size is right. There are pieces of 5/16" round rod welded to the end of the forks for tying the bands on. The bands are cut from Theraband Gold exercise bands.

These are meant to be shot holding the sling shot side ways, looking right over the top of the top band. I can shoot them with about the same accuracy as my long bow.
    Attached Files

Those are cool Nice work sir

Comment

What did you use to tie the band to the 5/16 rod?

Comment

Those are really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by JMAR View Post
          What did you use to tie the band to the 5/16 rod?
          Just use strips of the Theraband about a 1/4" wide.

Comment

That is cool! Nice work!!

Comment

Thanks Draco. I will have to look and see what horseshoes I have in my shop. I will give this a try.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

I could have used that a few times that there were deer under the feeder that i wanted to scare off so i could get out of the tree or blind. How noisy are they?

Comment

Nice build

Comment

Way cool.

Where do you find the bands, and can you give some info on the "magazine" aka ball Bearing magnet holder.

I'm interested in making one.

Thanks
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Foot Patrol View Post
                          I could have used that a few times that there were deer under the feeder that i wanted to scare off so i could get out of the tree or blind. How noisy are they?
                          They do make a Fap sound when you shoot but flat bands are much quieter tham tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                            Way cool.

Where do you find the bands, and can you give some info on the "magazine" aka ball Bearing magnet holder.

I'm interested in making one.

Thanks
                            Brian
                            The banding is exerxse bands that you can get at sport shops or medical supply stores. The best is one called Theraband Gold but another good one I like is Reebok White. If you want to shoot heavier stuff like 1/2" steel or .44 cal. lead balls, you can double band them with 1" wide bands. For shooting "BB's" use 1/2" bands a little longer than normal. These will shoot a BB faster than a BB gun and go through a can like it isn't there. I mainly shoot marbles that I buy from Hobby Lobby for $2.99 for 2 pounds.

Here's another picture of some other types. One is made of micarta, the green is G10 fiberglass and of course a tree fork one. The black one is a Pocketpredator by Bill Hayes. You guys should check his website out and watch some of his videos. He's good, I mean real good. He lives close to Waco and sells a lot of sling shots. If you don't want to build one then I highly recommend buying one from him.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The black one on the left (flippinslingshots or something like that) is the one I have. Shoots real nice for when the hogs aren't hitt'n the feeder and so I go get me some rabbits that are eating all my hog corn

Comment

Working...
                              X