Why use 2x4 for Blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Paint it right with exterior paint and you don't have to rebuild in a few years....I'm on year six with a 6x6 and it shows zero sign of needing replaced..

The biggest mistake I see folks make it using spray paint which is basically junk when it comes to protection and lasting color..
    And prime it before you paint it.

Comment

2x4s are cheap.....2x2s are cheap.....use what you want....

Stronger is always better..
      I agree

Comment

Paint it right with exterior paint and you don't have to rebuild in a few years....I'm on year six with a 6x6 and it shows zero sign of needing replaced..

The biggest mistake I see folks make it using spray paint which is basically junk when it comes to protection and lasting color..
        That's true. Back in the 90's we made 4 blinds... We made 2 out of fiberglass. And 2 others were wood.

The wooden ones are long gone, they have been replaced, as they fell apart... But the fiberglass ones are still hunted out of. 13 years and counting for the oldest one... Shot my avatar buck from it...

Personally, if I'm putting that much effort into building a blind, im gonna do it right. And I'm gonna use fiberglass, or metal.

Comment

I build mine with modular floor, walls, and roof. All of it stacks in my truck bed for assembly on site. I frame mine like a house with 2x4. They are TOUGH, and generally only need to be resided every once in a while. I prefer overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
            I'm using 2x3s tony and save some weight.
            x2

Comment

Buy 2x4's and rip them into 2x2's to build the blind

Check Craigslist for free and used lumber or shipping crates to save money and time on building one.

Comment

Working...
              X