Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

DIY your Own Archery lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY your Own Archery lane

I want to put in a archary lane in my back yard its probably about 25-30 yards long from fence to fence. So here is what i was thinking. Using plywood for the roof and the size. Do you think having 2 sheets of plywood as the backstop would be enough?

I'd go with a few pieces of sheet rock for the backstop. Say 4 pieces of 5/8" thick sheet rock.

Comment

I would get rubber stall Mat from factor supply for a back stop. It won't mess up your arras

Comment

One thing i forgot to mention i will be shooting at a target not the back stop I just want something that the arrows cant go threw and into the Nieghbors back yard. I plan on making it a enclosed on

Comment

My arrow happened to go thur 2 peices of plywood and my metal shed getting stuck in second side....

Comment

Carpet !! use carpet !!

Comment

Originally posted by locoengineer View Post
              I would get rubber stall Mat from factor supply for a back stop. It won't mess up your arras
              That is what I have for a backstop at my house but I have it so I don't have to go looking for arrows in the pasture.

Comment

Nice Since this is in the city and in my back yard i just want to make sure it does not get past the stop.

Comment

Use styro foam from a boat dealer that are 3x3x6 and stacke'em

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360012142.339729.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24166761
                    4 layers of carpet hung over a old Porch swing frame. If shooting a compound hang a bag target in front of it. The carpet will stop them but sometimes it will berries the vanes.

Comment

I like the hanging carpet idea because I have spent some time looking for arrows in the coastal field. Hard to find when they are buried in the grass.

Comment

good ideas

Comment

I use hay bales. Stack however high you want and two deep

Comment

Well my main concern is saftey Which is why i would go with a enclosed Lane. These are some great ideas

Comment

Working...
                            X