Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice

Comment

Trouble?? I tried this and my positive wire gets so hot u can hardly touch it. Is that normal.
      I wired a 30amp fuse straight to the positive terminal of the battery and grounded the other wire. Ran the ground and hot(positive) to a switch. Then the acc. Wire to the led's from the switch, and the ground(negative) to the negative of the led's. yea it works, but could start a campfire with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

What size wire did you use?

Comment

Just ordered my LED's, this is a great idea.

Comment

I used 16gauge wire and ran it from battery to bed of truck.

Comment

Nice. I oRdered my led strip Saturday

Comment

I got the LED strip lighting as well and was going to use 16ga as well. Is that too thin ? Looks like same size wire for tail lights.

My problem has been trying to find an actual 12V wire at the tail lights or trailer hitch.

I bought my lights off of www.hitlights.com

Comment

Awesome project they should do this from the factory

Comment

I heard this or something very similar would be an option on some future models.

Comment

I did this install over the weekend. For the most part anyway.The brightness of the LEDs in the bed makes it so I can't tell that the cargo light is on. In fact, with the cargo light off the LEDs are brighter because the cargo light isn't taking away some of the available current.

Comment

We sell a led light (8 led diodes) with a motion sensor switch. It is rechargeable (usb cable) so you do not need to have a 12 volt system. It is bright and it about 3" x 4" and about 3/8" in height.

It has a plate that screw mounts and uses a key hole and stand off that connects the light to the plate.

I am not sure of the lumens but it is super bright!

Comment

Now that's going to be pretty handy

Comment

If you order a long strip can you just cut what you need or do you have to cap one end somehow??

Comment

Yes you can cut it every 3rd LED. I put a dab of caulk on the end just to be safe. I have several write ups on LED lighting out here. This post and a few others got me hooked on them...

Comment

Did a trial run with some cheap lights I had from previous project. Pretty much did exactly what big_smith did...
                                I learned: don't tuck lights under the rail because less light floods the bed. Otherwise, they work great and I'm excited to do the real deal...

Comment

Working...
                                X