Double euro mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double euro mount

My wife and I shot decent deer this year, but for the first time in a long time we both decided we would rather have a euro mount. We started looking around for ideas to put them together. After a couple searches on TBH and google we figured out want we wanted. It was very easy

Wife bought a ceder slab from Canton and with one Home depot trip for some hangers and dowl rod here we go. Also, it isnt completely ready to be put on the wall. We have medal letters that spell out our last name that will go in the middle between the 2 bucks. Mine is on the left and hers is on the right.

I put the hangers 17 inches apart to make sure I am able to hit the studs at 16 inches. Also, I used a 3/4 inch dowl rod that fit perfectly into the hole in the back of the deers skull. the dowl fit into a 3/4 inch hole that I drilled into the cedar.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

nice!!

Comment

I like it!

When you hang up the plaque on the wall with those D loops, does the top pull away from the plane of the wall or stay pretty flat up against it?

Comment

Very cool

Comment

very nice

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailslayer View Post
                  I like it!

When you hang up the plaque on the wall with those D loops, does the top pull away from the plane of the wall or stay pretty flat up against it?
                  I havent hung it on the wall yet, but I am going to assume that it will pull off the wall about 1/4 inch. Atleast that is what I hope. My wifes deer's G2 goes back and will be very close to touching the wall if it doesnt hang out a little. haha maybe a little modification will be done. we will see.

Comment

Looks good :thumbup:

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks great ! recommend sealing the wood. It would look even better

Comment

Looks Good!

Comment

what an awesome idea. Looks great!

Comment

Looks great. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                              X