No announcement yet.

1977 silverado fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've enjoyed watching this truck come together. My first was an '81 Chev Longbead. If I could find that truck today I'd buy it right back!

Comment

I swear that I had the exact same Pioneer tape deck. I miss cassette tapes. great build !!!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

I have some free time today. I will post more pics and updates at some point.

Comment

Alrighty put the dash pad back in cut the metal part of the dash for new stereo and bracket
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364418943.133156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24184172

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364418959.610937.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	24184173
            New lense and bezel

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364418979.665994.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	24184174
            Also had to cut the bezel for stereo

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364419040.157040.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	24184175
            With new stereo in

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364419073.713956.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	24184176

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Alrighty put the dash pad back in cut the metal part of the dash for new stereo and bracket
              [ATTACH]474676[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]474677[/ATTACH]
              New lense and bezel
              [ATTACH]474678[/ATTACH]
              Also had to cut the bezel for stereo
              [ATTACH]474679[/ATTACH]
              With new stereo in
              [ATTACH]474680[/ATTACH]
              You need to get some new dash screws

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
                You need to get some new dash screws
                Yeah I do. After the pic I colored em with a sharpie, but I will still get more.

Comment

Looking at this makes me want to do one of those grunts that Tim Allen used to do on his show Home Improvement.

Comment

Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                      Yeah I do. After the pic I colored em with a sharpie, but I will still get more.
                      It's coming out great! I have a '91 K5 I've been neglecting, I need to get on the ball here!!!

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373420667.001418.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24218667
                          I chickened out.

Still going to get it going just going to try and do a more thorough job.

Comment

Nice ride I sure she loves it.

I know what you mean by doing a better job I keep fixing and replacing things on our 87 and have even thought of giving my son my 2012 f150 4x4 to drive instead cause I want to drive to 87..lol

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                              Nice ride I sure she loves it.

I know what you mean by doing a better job I keep fixing and replacing things on our 87 and have even thought of giving my son my 2012 f150 4x4 to drive instead cause I want to drive to 87..lol
                              Honestly my wife chickened out too. She didn't trust it to be reliable. Britt got into a CNA program at school and she will have to travel between two schools everyday for the first semester than interning second. So we (the wife) thought we had better get her something more reliable.
                              I do want to get going on the truck again and I think the the first thing will be doing the dash pad with an OEM replacement. That PVC overlay I really didn't like how it turned out.

Comment

We did the replacement dash from LMC but we still had to do some trimming and it does not fit so good around the old stock bezel. I need to order a new bezel any way so going to see how it fits b4 I call them about sending a new one. We just added the new black carpet this weekend just need to get the seat redone in black leather and new seat belts in black.

Ill post some pics this week of the new paint job and new interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X