1977 silverado fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
    Now that you are staying in the US get you and the wife and kids up here for some Texoma this summer.
    Shoot, I think I am busier now and have less time now that im home full time but we need to get something put together for sure!

[ATTACH]454126[/ATTACH]
    Progress pic

Had to get more supply's
    [ATTACH]454765[/ATTACH]
    I like the way you work brother.... Truck is looking good, keep it up b

Comment

Come on Brit! Give us an update. Your old man is slacking again!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Come on Brit! Give us an update. Your old man is slacking again!
        I am slacking. Getting new floors this week and had to move a bunch of junk into my garage. Ugh I need a bigger garage.

Comment

Am I going to have to come up there with a whip and get your arse goin on that thing? Uh never mind. You might enjoy that.

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna have to come up there and build a fire under this project.

Comment

Taking a page from my buddy Oneway's play book
              [ATTACH]454665[/ATTACH]
              Update to come later
              Oh Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaah ! Dont forget to stop and grab a Steak and some shrimp like I did in my last one here.........http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=359896

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Looks like I'm gonna have to come up there and build a fire under this project.
                I promise to get some done this weekend. You might need to come get me in gear tho. Got a good amounts of parts in just wish I would have made a better list.

Comment

good looking pickup. I have my first truck, a 77 im building as well (a lil more in depth) Ive put a 5.9 cummins/ 5 speed in it 10" lift and 42" tall tires 1 ton axles ive completley stripped down everything but the tranny and rebuilt, repainted or replaced. Its been 5 years in the making and havent touched it in 4 until the first of this month now i cant stop. i am looking for a single cab 3/4 ton or 1 ton 4wd cab 73-87 if any body knows of one (with title)

If you need any help or get stuck PM me at one time between my brother and I we had 17 of them

One hint- 1/2" 9/16" and 5/8" wrench you can almost tear the truck down completly and they will 20 dollar bill you to death.
                  Last edited by cumminchevy; 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cumminchevy View Post
                    good looking pickup. I have my first truck, a 77 im building as well (a lil more in depth) Ive put a 5.9 cummins/ 5 speed in it 10" lift and 42" tall tires 1 ton axles ive completley stripped down everything but the tranny and rebuilt, repainted or replaced. Its been 5 years in the making and havent touched it in 4 until the first of this month now i cant stop. i am looking for a single cab 3/4 ton or 1 ton 4wd cab 73-87 if any body knows of one (with title)

If you need any help or get stuck PM me at one time between my brother and I we had 17 of them

One hint- 1/2" 9/16" and 5/8" wrench you can almost tear the truck down completly and they will 20 dollar bill you to death.
                    Looking for a parts truck? what pirce range? I come across them time to time.

Comment

Now your screen name makes since. I actually ran into a 3/4 ton 4wd the other day. Parts truck I will see if the guy still has it and has the title

Comment

Looking cheap but will pay accordingly depending on the shape of cab. Would prefer a 73-79 cab / pick up. I come across some from time to time. Haven't been lookin very seriously in the past couple years

Comment

Cool I'd appreciate it. I'm sure there's plenty if people who don't get the name. Looks real funny on the powerstroke forum.
                          Last edited by cumminchevy; 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Looking cheap but will pay accordingly depending on the shape of cab. Would prefer a 73-79 cab / pick up. I come across some from time to time. Haven't been lookin very seriously in the past couple years
                            Here is a 74.

Comment

Oops sorry says no title

Comment

Here is a couple of pics from our truck this tread inspired. We were gonna repaint but after a lil elbow grease and some 3M rubbing compound we are getting most of the oxidation to come off and the paint to shine, so gonna do the whole truck and just spend cash on new parts of the inside of the cab for now. You can see the before and after on the hood.

I made the mistake of letting him pull off the hood to wash and clean the under side. After he washed and waxed the underisde of the hood it shined like new so now he wants to clean the entire engine compartment. Lord help me please what have I started.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X