Question for tongue and groove installers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for tongue and groove installers

I am building my house and doing everything myself which has been pretty cool. I have decided to do the entire house in 1x6 white pine T&G. I have been told that I should do the ceiling before the walls. Why is this or does it matter what I do first. Thanks

Same with Sheetrock. Gives the outside edge of the boards more vertical support. Think of it as holding it up.

Comment

Makes perfect sense. I can start on the walls but just not go all the way up until I get the ceiling up. Thanks

Comment

you could but if you want that tight fit get the ceiling up... them calculate how many boards to get top board at ceiling so that your molding will hit space at floor.... unless you have a crown molding going in at top?

Comment

I have calculated all that and have the boards cheated up off the slab so that they will but right up to the ceiling boards. I will be trimming out with 1x4s and 1x2s so I should be fine.

Comment

There will most likely be a gap between either way, but I would do the ceiling first. It will make that last board easier on wall than on on the ceiling

Comment

I live in a log home, and all my walls are done like this! Celling first and a trim board!
              Attached Files

Comment

Another wall!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X