Paint for Entertainment Center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint for Entertainment Center?

So, i'm building my own entertainment center. I was going to stain it. Well, i did stain it. Then the little lady decided she wants the thing painted. So - I'm sanding, and kilzing, and sanding, and kilzing. Filling holes and sanding, etc. I'm going to brush the enamel. My question is this. How much should i thin, if at all, the paint. I want to optimize the paint flow so i don't have any brush marks? Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    So, i'm building my own entertainment center. I was going to stain it. Well, i did stain it. Then the little lady decided she wants the thing painted. So - I'm sanding, and kilzing, and sanding, and kilzing. Filling holes and sanding, etc. I'm going to brush the enamel. My question is this. How much should i thin, if at all, the paint. I want to optimize the paint flow so i don't have any brush marks? Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
    you can just add penetrol or flotrol depending on if the paint is oil or water based. you probably want to use oil based since you are going over what i assume is oil. the additives will give you a smooth finish without the brush marks. another option is a cheap gravity feed spray rig assuming you have an air compressor
    Last edited by Blast-n-cast; 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X