cabinet smoker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood in general starts to char or burn around 250°f. 120°c

that is what i got when googleing , still looking and i see others saying 450-500 so eather way looks safe .

So for smoking sausage ex a wood smoker is fine . No real need to get over 180 °f
    Last edited by h2447intx; 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I can easily stay under that.

Comment

I have had mine up to 325 on a trest burn. Just wanted to be sure it was safe. Never even wanted to smolder. I keep at 225 or less to smoke, but will give plenty cushion.

Comment

Dirty Mike, any chance you could give tips on your sausage? That looks incredible, and I have had consistency problems when I have tried.. My jerky is great, my grind great, fajitas, and chop steaks too.. However I tried many times to make sausage links, and I am doing something wrong.. They either get crumby and break apart, or the consistency/texture just goes all wrong (my flavors are good though).. Although it would be time consuming I would love your initial steps..Because like I said, I must be skipping a step..

Thanks,
          Jeremy

Comment

What fat ratio? Fat is the binder. I will pm you the recipe. Also I found a stuffer is WAY better than a grinder for stuffing. Much better texture. And I also found that using a meat mixer gets the meat real tacky and you have to stuff right away because the meat sets up and is almost impossiable to stuff after it sets up. But if you stuff right away, the meat sets up in the casing and you get a firm solid sausage. Do you have any more deer meat for this year? I am up in round rock. Will be making another batch of sausage maybe january. You can come on up.

Comment

I would love to, and I am sure trying hard! Even if i don't have anything, if I could just watch I would be very appreciative!

I am doing 50/50 pork/venison , I mix by hand, and stuff via the grinder, with the blade removed and the open plate.

Sry hijack OP, but that sausage just looked too darn good to not ask!

jcm
              Last edited by jcm151; 12-12-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

my cabinet smoker......i want to try and do some cold smoking one day in it

Comment

That is awesome right there^^^

Comment

Here's my smoker.

I built this one a few years ago. I think I might do a DIY on it this morning on here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
                      I built this one a few years ago. I think I might do a DIY on it this morning on here.
                      Mighty fine skills!

Comment

Smoking again! This time some back strap jerky. Fil had to cut out all fried and fatty foods so I am making him some sweet and smoky jerky. Low fat and tasty
                        .Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356129938.687382.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	24151378

Comment

sweet! looking like i got a new project!

Comment

Here is mine I've been working on. All I have left is to pipe the firebox into the floor.

I will post more pics when I get the rest of it finished next week
                            Last edited by raiderelkhunter; 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I need to get started on mine . I did get the slab cleaned off . Maybe this weekend . Thanks for posting

Comment

OK I was lacking a few boards but almost got the cabinet done . Can add a floor latter if need be shelves ex. I can cut the legs down as well to get the air flow right. Its a start I'll get the planter and tables built up as well work in progress but I should be smoking this week . I have a small grill for heat and wood chips for smoke . I'll post more when I have it running .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X